HBO Max is one of the popular video streaming services on the internet. This service offers shows and movies which can be enjoyed on any device. However, you may encounter a problem while using this application.
Are you encountering an issue on HBO Max?
Is your HBO Max stuck in Spanish? If yes, don’t worry; you’re not alone. We also encountered this issue while streaming a show on HBO Max. But, we managed to resolve the issue. In today’s post, we’re going to discuss how you can get rid of this issue and what steps you want to take that’ll help you in resolving the issue.
Why is the conjuring in spanish on hbo max?
It can be a temporary audio glitch that’s causing the issue. Or maybe it’s the device language that’s mistakenly changed to Spanish. HBO Max detects the device’s language and starts playing the show in Spanish or the language you’ve chosen mistakenly.
How to fix HBO Max stuck in spanish?
To get this problem fixed, we dug up and did some research and below, we’ve penned down the solutions that have worked for us and other users.
Restart the HBO Max app
Sometimes these issues can be encountered if there’s a bug or glitch in the app. We recommend you, restart your HBO Max app on your streaming device. It’s an easy step to do,
- Take the exit from the HBO Max app.
- Now, wait for a while.
- Afterwards, relaunch the HBO Max app and play your desired content.
Does this work? If not, follow the below one.
Force Stop HBO Max
If restarting the HBO Max app didn’t help you in fixing the audio language issue. Then, try force closing the HBO Max app. Doing this will close all the HBO Max application’s running processes and help you resolve the issue. To force close the HBO Max;
- Navigate to your Device’s Settings.
- Now, scroll to the Apps section and locate HBO Max in the list.
- After that, click on the Force Stop and relaunch the HBO Max application.
Try Casting your Phone
Maybe casting the phone on your TV resolves this issue. To cast your phone,
- Head to the Casting option and connect your TV and phone to the same network.
- After that, select your device and cast them.
- At last, open the HBO Max on your phone, play a show or movie, and check if the issue persists.
Is the content available in your Native language?
A thing you need to verify is whether the show or movie you’re playing is available in your desired language or not. Because there are some shows and movies that are made in specific languages. To check this,
- Head to the show or movie you’re playing, click on the audio option and check if your language is on the list.
How to change language on hbo max roku?
Here’s the way to change the language on HBO Max. Follow the below-given steps as instructed.
Try changing the language.
There’s a trick that worked for many HBO Max users,
- Play the show or movie on which you’re facing the issue.
- Now, head to the Closed Captioning settings.
- Now, try to change the language while watching the show. Change the language to Spanish and watch the show for at least 30-60 seconds.
- Afterwards, head to Closed Captioning settings again and change the language to English (or desired).
Check if doing this fixes the issue.
Clear HBO Max Cache
If your language is in the list and you’re still encountering the issue, then clearing the cache of your HBO Max app might resolve the issue. There were some instances where a stored cache of the app started causing various streaming issues. To get this fixed,
- Navigate to the Settings of your Device.
- Now, scroll to the Apps section and locate the HBO Max app in the list.
- After that, click on Storage > Clear Cache.
I hope this resolves the issue on your device. If not, try to follow the next one.
Reinstall the HBO Max
If your HBO Max is still stuck in the Spanish and nothing works for you. Reinstalling the HBO Max app might help you out. Some affected HBO users have reported that reinstalling the HBO Max app helped them fix the “HBO Max stuck in Spanish” problem.
To do so,
- Head to the Settings of your Device.
- Then, scroll to Apps > HBO Max > Uninstall.
- After uninstalling the app, restart your device.
- Now, head to the application store and search for HBO Max. Install the app on your device and sign in with your credentials.
- After that, start playing any show or movie and check if this resolves the issue.
Try disabling/enabling the surround sound
We think doing this solution will solve your issue; there’s a feature available on your TV, “Surround Sound”. Its work is to improve the sound and give you an immersive sound experience. However, sometimes it starts causing various issues. To get this solved, try disabling the surround sound.
- Press the Settings button while streaming the show and head to the Sound Adjustment button.
- Now, select Surround Sound and disable it. If it’s already disabled, try enabling it.
Some users reported that disabling the surround sound settings works, and some reported that enabling it resolves their issue.
Change the Device Language
HBO Max will try to play the show/movies in Spanish if your device’s default language is Spanish. To get this fixed, you need to ensure that your device default is set to English.
To do so,
- Navigate to your Device’s Settings.
- And locate the Language Settings.
- Now, select your default language English and save it.
- After that, restart your device and launch the HBO Max app.
Check if it’s still playing the Spanish or if it’s fixed.
Update the HBO max
Are you still experiencing the issue, then? Try to check if any update is available for your HBO Max app. An update of the application comes with fixed bugs and glitches. Also, a new update improves the functionality and usability of the app.
Also, while researching this issue, we found a forum page where some users reported that after updating the HBO Max app, they were able to resolve the issue.
For updating the HBO Max;
- Navigate to the device’s application store.
- Then, head to the Account icon or Manage apps and device.
- Now, locate HBO Max and check if there’s any update available. If there’s, tap on Update.
Once you have installed the latest update, launch the HBO Max app and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Hbo max stuck in spanish roku
If you’re encountering the issue while streaming HBO Max on your Roku device, the above steps didn’t help. Below, we’ve mentioned the way to reset your Roku. May resetting the Roku will fix the issue.
Reset Chromecast or Roku
If you’re using the Roku or Chromecast Device to stream shows or movies, you’re still facing the issue. We suggest you reset your devices. To reset your Chromecast or Roku, follow the below-given steps;
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Now, scroll to Settings > System > Advanced system settings.
- After that, select Factory reset and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Launch the Google Home app.
- Now, touch and hold your device’s tile.
- After that, tap on the Settings > More > Factory reset > Factory reset.
Once you Factory reset your streaming device, set it up again and install the HBO Max. Afterwards, log in to your account and check if the issue persists.
Contact HBO Max
Did you follow all the steps that are mentioned in this post? If yes, and nothing works for you. Then, try contacting HBO customer support. Explain the issue you’re facing with your HBO Max, and they’ll guide and help you in resolving the issue.
More helpful guide: