In the recent scene of straight to streaming HBO max has emerged as a new giant. Many people are using HBO max on their firestick or fire tv. But some of them are facing issues while launching or playing HBO max shows on their firestick on fire tv. Some users are getting a black screen, some are getting an unsupported version error, and for some fire stick users, HBO max is crashing and not playing anything.
HBO max can stop working on firestick or firetv if the app is outdated or plagued with corrupted cache and data. You can also issue while streaming when HBO max is down. Below we’ve mentioned some of the working fixes that can help in fixing HBO max not working on firestick.
Fix HBO Max Not Working on Firestick or Firetv
Power Cycle Your Firetv or Firestick
If HBO max video is stuttering while playing on your firestick or firetv, then hard resetting or power cycling your tv can help in fixing HBO max not working on firetv. Follow the steps below
- Unplug the tv from the power socket or remove the firestick from tv port and power socket.
- Now unplug your router from the power outlet.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now turn on your wifi router.
- Now, plugin your firetv and turn it on.
Launch HBO max and check if you’re still facing issues while playing HBO max on firestick, firetv, or not.
Restart Your Fire Device by following the steps below for fixing HBO max not working.
- Press and hold the play/pause button and select button on your fire tv remote.
- Now your firetv will restart.
- Launch HBO max and check if you’re able to stream without issue.
Related: Fix hbo max stuck on loading screen
Check for HBO Max Outage
You can face an infinite loading screen or HBO max can stop working due to an HBO outage. So if you’re still facing issues after power cycling your firestick, firetv then for HBO max outage. You can go to downdetector there you can check if HBO max is down or not. You can also visit HBO max official Twitter page and there you can find people reporting about the HBO max outage. If HBO max is down then you need to wait for HBO max team to fix this issue.
Note: Make sure that your internet speed is above 5mbps. For checking internet speed go to settings on your firetv or firestick then select network. Now check your internet speed, If you’re getting slow internet speed then move your router closer to the firetv. You can also try using an ethernet cable for improving internet speed. If this doesn’t work then contact your internet service provider for help.
Force Stop HBO Max and Clear Cache and Data
Force-stopping HBO max on your firestick or fire tv can help in fixing the streaming HBO max problem on your device. Follow the steps below to force stop HBO max and clear cache and data on firetv:
- Go to firestick, firetv home screen.
- Now select settings.
- Select the applications option.
- Now select manage installed applications.
- Locate and select HBO max from the app list.
- First force stop HBO max on your firestick, firetv.
- Now scroll down and clear cache and clear data.
Now launch HBO max and check if you’re able to stream shows properly or not on your firetv.
Reset Wifi Network
Some users suggested that power cycling their network device helped them in fixing HBO max problem on their amazon fire tv. You can follow the steps below for hard resetting your network devices.
- Unplug your router from the power.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now, plug in your router and turn it on.
Now launch HBO max and check if the problem is fixed or not. If not then try resetting the router by following the steps below.
- Make sure your router is plugged in.
- Now locate the reset button on the backside of your router.
- Now use a pin to press the reset button on the back of your router.
- Press and hold the reset button on your router for 30-40 seconds.
- After resetting your router check if the HBO max streaming issue is resolved on your firetv.
Update Firetv Firmware
An outdated fire tv firmware can also cause a streaming issue on your firetv. For fixing HBO max not working or crashing on your firetv make sure that your device’s firmware is up to date. If not then follow the steps below for updating firetv or firestick software.
- Go to Settings on your firetv.
- Now select my firetv.
- Go to about option.
- Now select check for updates. If available then install it on your amazon fire tv.
Also make sure that the HBO max is updated, to check this select HBO max and press the menu button (button with three horizontal lines). Now select more information, and if available then select the update option. After updating HBO max and your firetv firmware restart your tv. Now check if HBO max is working or not on your amazon firetv or firestick.
Also check: Fix hulu keeps crashing
How do I Fix HBO Max Unsupported Version on Firetv or Firestick?
Many firesticks or firetv owners are getting unsupported version errors while launching HBO max. You can face this issue if you’ve previously sideloaded the app. In such a scenario you need to uninstall the HBO max from firestick and install it from the Amazon app store.
- Go to settings and select application.
- Now select manage installed applications and select HBO max.
- Uninstall HBO max from your fire tv.
- Now press the mic button on your firestick or firetv remote and speak “search for HBO max”.
- Now download and install the HBO max on your firestick or firetv.
Launch you’ll not face HBO max unsupported version error on your firetv. Reinstalling HBO max can also fix the streaming issue on your firetv.
If you’re still getting the unsupported version on your amazon firetv or firestick. Then remove all the unnecessary apps or anything unnecessary from your firetv. Now reinstall HBO max by following the steps above. Now HBO max unsupported version error will be resolved on your firetv.
Contact HBO and the amazon team
If you’re still unable to stream HBO max on your firetv or firestick then try contacting HBO and amazon. You can try contacting the HBO max team and amazon firetv team for help with your issue. They can help you in resolving any streaming problem on your firestick or firetv.
if this post helped then also check our post on how to fix firetv stuck on choose your language screen.