Crashing apps on smart tv, smartphone or smart devices is one of the most annoying issues one can face in this digital era. Recently many people across all platforms have reported that their HBO max keeps kicking them out to the device home screen. This means that HBO max app is crashing while loading the app or after playing a movie or show. Users are facing this issue on almost all devices (Samsung smart tv, Roku, firestick, Vizio, or mobile device). In this post, we’re going to explain the causes behind this issue and how you can fix this.
Why is My HBO MAX App Keeps Kicking Me Out?
Below we’ve mentioned some of the reasons that can cause HBO max to crash on your smart tv or mobile devices.
- HBO Max Outage: You can face this issue when HBO max is down in your area. A server outage can cause HBO max to crash or stop working on your device.
- Slow internet: If HBO max is continuously crashing on your device, then make sure to check if your internet is working properly or not. HBO max can crash on your smart tv or device due to a slow internet connection.
- Cached data: Sometimes an app data needs to be refreshed after a while to work properly.
- Outdated app: If you’ve not updated your HBO max app for a long time, then you can face issues while streaming content on your smart tv.
How Do I Fix HBO Max Keeps Crashing?
Check for HBO Max Outage
First of all, before performing any troubleshooting steps check for HBO max outage. Checking for HBO max outage is simple, just visit the downdetector. Here you’ll be able to get the live status of HBO max servers. From here you’ll get the information whether HBO max is down or not. If HBO max servers are not working in your region then you need to wait for HBO max team to fix this issue. Only after that you’ll to stream movies or show on HBO max. To check for HBO max outage you can take a look at HBO max social accounts. There you can get the posts, tweets related to HBO max outage.
Power Cycle Your Smart TV and Router
A power cycle is the best way to fix many temporary glitches. If HBO max is crashing on your smart tv, then doing a power cycle of your smart tv and router can help in fixing the issue. Follow the steps below to fix HBO max crashing on your smart tv.
- Unplug/remove your smart tv cable from the power socket.
- Now unplug your router.
- Press and hold the power button on your smart tv for 15-30 seconds.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Plugin your router and turn it on, then turn on your smart tv.
- Now connect your smart tv to the wifi network.
After completing the power cycle process, launch HBO max and check if the issues are fixed or not. If HBO max is still crashing on your smart tv, then try following the other fixed from below.
Reinstall HBO Max on Your Device
So the power cycle didn’t help, what can we do now to fix HBO max crashing issue? Many HBO max users suggested that reinstalling HBO max fixed the crashing issue on their device. In the reinstall process, HBO max app is updated, and also corrupted cached data from HBO max is removed from your device. This can help in fixing the HBO max crashing or kicking out issue on your device. To reinstall HBO max on your device follow the steps below.
- Delete HBO max from your smart tv or mobile device.
- Now turn off your smart tv for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn on your device.
- Install the latest version of the HBO max app on your smart tv, mobile device, etc.
- Launch HBO max and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Check Your Internet Connection
A slow internet connection can cause a lot of issues in this digital era. If HBO max is crashing then a slow internet connection can be a culprit for all of this. To check your internet connection, launch any other apps like prime video or youtube on your smart tv or smartphone. Now try playing content on your device, if the video is playing without any issue. Then this means that your internet is working properly, to verify this you can check your connection speed at speedtest.net. Here you can get the information about how fast is your internet connection. If your internet is low then try moving your router closer to your streaming device or try using an ethernet cable for fast internet access. If your internet is still slow or not working then try rebooting your router. If nothing works then try contacting your internet provider for help.
Clear HBO Max Cache
Sometimes apps corrupt cached data can cause HBO max to start crashing on your smart tv or any other device. So if you’ve not cleared HBO max cache data on your device for a long time then follow the steps below.
Press the following button combination to clear HBO max cache on your Roku. Press the home button on your remote 5 times, then the up button once, then press the rewind button twice followed by the forward button twice. When tv restart, launch HBO max and check if the issue is fixed or not.
- Go to the home screen on your firestick then select settings.
- Go to applications then select manage installed application.
- Locate and select HBO max on your firestick.
- Now first select force stop, then select clear cache, and then data.
Now launch HBO max app and check if HBO max is still crashing or not.
Related: Hbo max not working on firestick
- Go to Settings on your android phone or tv.
- Now select apps.
- Look for HBO max app and select it.
- Now firstly, force stop the HBO max app.
- Now clear the app cache and data.
After clearing the app cache or data check if the HBO max crashing issues are resolved or not on your smart tv or smart device. If you don’t have the option to clear HBO max app cache then you can try reinstalling HBO max on your smart tv.
Reset Your Device to Factory Settings
If HBO max is still crashing or kicking you out back to the home screen on your device, then factory reset can save you. After factory reset your device will go back to its factory version. All the data and cache will be removed, after a factory reset you can install the HBO max app on your smart tv or device. Follow the steps below to factory reset your smart TVs.
- Hit the home button on your Roku remote.
- Now scroll down or up and select settings.
- Go to the system option.
- Now go to advanced system settings.
- Select factory reset option/factory reset everything.
- Now follow the instruction on the screen to reset your Roku stick or Roku tv.
- Go to the home screen on your firestick or fire tv.
- Select the settings option.
- Now select my firetv option.
- Now scroll down and select reset to factory defaults.
You can also and hold the back and right navigation button on your firestick remote for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds select continue to factory reset your firestick.
Samsung smart tv
- Select Settings on your Samsung smart tv.
- Now go to the support section/option.
- Now select self-diagnosis.
- Select reset smart hub.
LG Smart TV
- Select settings then select all settings.
- Now select the general option.
- Scroll down and select Reset to initial settings.
- Now select ok to confirm the reset.
Vizio smart tv
- On your Vizio tv remote press the menu button.
- Scroll down and select the system.
- Select reset&admin.
- Now select reset to factory defaults.
Now after resetting your smart tv, install the HBO max on your smart tv. Launch HBO max and you’ll be able to stream movies and shows without any issues.
Contact HBO max and Device manufacturer
If HBO max is still crashing on your smart tv or mobile device, then try contacting the HBO max team or your device manufacturer. They can help you in resolving issues with HBO max on your smart tv or mobile devices. If this post helped you then check our post on how to fix hulu keeps crashing.