Does your Roku remote keep on flashing green light? When green light flashes on your Roku remote, it means that your remote is attempting to pair with your Roku Tv. But what if your remote gets stuck in pairing mode. If your Roku remote is also blinking green light, got stuck in pairing mode, and isn’t working, then, in this post, you’ll get a detailed guide on how to get rid of this issue.
Why is My Roku Remote Flashing Green?
As we’ve discussed, blinking green light on the Roku remote means that your remote is attempting to pair with your Roku Tv. But, if your Roku remote keeps on flashing green light, there are some instances when your Roku remote is stuck in pairing mode. Below, we’ve listed some reasons that cause the blinking green light.
- Drained Batteries: One of the most probable causes why your Roku remote keeps on flashing green light are drained/old batteries.
- Interference from Wi-Fi: Roku remote uses Wi-Fi frequencies to pair, ensure that your Wi-Fi has a stable connection.
- Roku Remote went bad: Another probable reason why your Roku remote is flashing green light. There are some possibilities that your Roku remote malfunctioned and needs a replacement.
How Do I Get My Roku Remote to Stop Blinking?
We’ve penned down some best working solutions that’ll guide you in resolving the blinking green light issue.
Reset Your Roku Remote
Soft resetting is one of the most common and effective solutions to fix the issues. Try to perform a soft reset on your Roku Tv and remote. To do so, follow the steps as given below;
- Unplug the Roku adapter from the wall outlet.
- Now, remove the batteries from the remote and wait for 5 seconds.
- Insert the batteries back to their places (Don’t put the lid).
- After that, plug the Roku adapter back into the wall outlet and turn it on.
- Now, press and hold the Reset button (back of your Roku remote) for 3 seconds.
- Once the pairing message appears, cover the batteries with the lid, and now, your remote should start working.
Replace The Batteries
It might be your Roku remote batteries that are causing the issue; replacing them with new ones can fix your problem. Many Roku users claimed that replacing the old/crappy batteries fixes the blinking green light. Replace your batteries as instructed below;
- Remove the old batteries from the Roku Remote and,
- Wait for 10-15 seconds.
- Now, insert the new batteries in your Roku Remote and check if this resolves the issue.
Related: Roku error code 003 fixed
Try to Re-Pair the Remote
Even replacing the old batteries with the new ones can’t help you out. Now, try to Re-Pair your Roku Remote for once. Re-pairing the Roku remote after replacing the batteries works for many Roku users, and try it for once and check if this resolves the issue.
To Re-Pair the Roku Remote
- Open the Battery lid of the Roku Remote.
- Now, press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds or until it starts blinking yellow light.
- Once the light starts blinking, wait for a while or until your remote gets paired with your Roku streaming device.
Now, your Roku should be working fine and if it’s still flashing the green light, move on to the next step.
Use Roku Remote App
There is a sideway to check if your remote has gone bad or just a software or hardware issue. To check this, try to use the Roku remote app. You can easily locate the Roku virtual remote app on Google play store and App store. Install the app and check if this resolves your Roku issue.
Factory Reset Roku Device
If you’re still facing the blinking green light on your Roku remote, factory resetting is the last method that might fix your problem. Performing the Factory Reset will reset your Roku device’s settings to its default settings. There are two ways to perform a factory reset(depending on your scenario).
Factory Reset Without Roku Remote/App
- Locate the Reset button on the back or bottom side of your Roku device.
- After locating the button, press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds or until the indicator led light starts blinking rapidly (Blinking of led light rapidly means that Reset is completed successfully).
- Now, set up your Roku and check if this fixes the issue.
Factory Reset With Roku Remote App
- Open Roku remote app on your smartphone.
- Press/Tap the Home button on your Roku remote app.
- Now, select Settings, then go to the System.
- After that, navigate to the Advanced system settings and choose Factory Reset.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and reset your Roku device.
- Once it’s done, set up your Roku device and pair your Roku remote with your Roku device.
Related: Fix roku stick overheating
Use the Roku Remote App to Pair Your Roku Remote
Many users and we, during our test, were able to pair the Roku physical remote to our Roku device with the help of the Roku remote app. This helps you in fixing Roku remote flashing green light issue on your Roku remote. To pair your Roku remote to a Roku device with the app’s help, follow the steps below.
- Open Roku remote app on your smartphone
- Head towards the Settings then, go to the Remotes & devices.
- Now, select Pair new device and then select remote.
- Your Roku device will start Searching the remote. Meanwhile, do the following steps.
- Insert the new batteries into your remote, press and hold the Pairing button for 5 seconds, and your Tv will start pairing automatically.
If your Roku remote doesn’t have a pairing button, then re-inserting the batteries will do the job for you.
Turn Off Wi-Fi Router
If you’re unable to pair the Roku remote with the Roku device, and if the green light is still flashing. Then it can happen due to Wi-Fi. The Roku remote uses the same frequencies as the Wi-Fi, which can cause interference while connecting Roku remote to the Roku device. To fix this problem, turn off your Wi-Fi router. Now try pairing the Roku remote with the device. You’ll be able to pair Roku remote with your device without any issue. Now Roku remote green light blinking issue will be fixed after pairing your Roku remote with the device.
Related: Blink camera blinking green light
Replace Your Remote
If none of those mentioned above steps works for you, your Roku Tv remote needs a replacement. Roku remotes are inexpensive and easily available in the market. Not all the remotes will work with your Roku TV. Ensure to check the compatibility of the Roku remote with your Roku TV.
Contact Roku Support
If you’re still encountering the blinking green on your Roku remote, try contacting Roku team and ask them to help you out. If this post helped you then check this post on how to fix roku low power issue.