Funimation is a popular streaming service that offers both free and paid memberships. Many of us enjoy their services and use them daily. Unfortunately, things aren’t always as they seem. When your favorite app isn’t working, you might be wondering if there’s something wrong with your Roku device or the Funimation app itself.
Recently, we’ve seen some Funimation users reporting that they’re unable to use Funimation properly. The Funimation is not working correctly on the Roku device. This happens when you try to stream an anime show using the Funimation app on your Roku player.
If you’re also experiencing the same problem, then this post will be going to very helpful for you. Here you’ll learn how to fix the Funimation app not working on the Roku problem.
Why is Funimation not working on my Roku?
There could be a number of reasons why the Funimation app is not working on Roku. Some potential reasons include:
- A random bug or glitch stopping the Funimation from working.
- Funimation may not be compatible with your specific Roku device.
- There may be a problem with the Funimation app itself, and it can be a corrupted cache that’s causing the issue.
- Your Roku device may not be connected to the internet.
- There may be a problem with your home network.
- Funimation’s Server Maintenance break or outage
How To Fix Funimation Not Working Issue On Roku Device?
To get the Funimation app back to usual, firstly, re-launch the Funimation channel/app on your Roku device. Secondly, ensure that your internet is properly connected to your Roku. Third, clear the corrupted cache by rebooting the Roku device. Fourth, uninstall and reinstall the Funimation channel on your Roku device.
Is there any Outage in Funimation Server?
If Funimation is not working on your Roku, the first thing you should do is check the Funimation server status. Funimation may be down for maintenance, or there may be an issue with the servers.
If there’s no server maintenance break or outage, then it can be an issue within your Funimation app. To fix this, try restarting the Funimation app and check if this works;
To do so,
- Close the Funimation app on your Roku device.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- And then re-launch the Funimation app.
Check your Internet Connectivity
Is your Roku device connected to your Internet connection? If not, then connect it first and re-launch the Funimation app and start streaming your favorite anime.
If it’s connected to the internet and you’re still unable to play or stream a show on Funimation, then check how well your internet connection is working.
If your internet is working slowly and unstable, then troubleshoot your internet devices and re-launch the Funimation app to check if this fixes the issue.
Re-login to Funimation
The next thing you can do is re-login to your Funimation account. To do so, follow the below-given steps;
- Head to Funimation’s Menu and scroll down to Settings.
- Now, locate the Log Out option and select it.
- After logging out of your Funimation account, head to the Login page and enter your account credentials.
- And re-login to your Funimation account.
Related: Fix Funimation Black Screen
On what version your Funimation app is running on? Is it running on an outdated version? If so, this might be the reason why you’re encountering such issues. To get this fixed, update your Funimation app to its latest version and stream your desired anime content.
To update Funimation on Roku;
- Head to the Roku Channel Store.
- And navigate to the Funimation channel.
- After that, select the Update button and update the Funimation to its latest version (if available).
- After updating the app, launch it and check to see if the problem continues.
Reboot your Roku Device
If your Funimation is still not working on your Roku device, you may need to reboot your device. To do this,
Follow these steps to reboot your Roku device:
- First, press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Now, scroll and select Settings
- Now, select Power (If you didn’t see the Power submenu, skip to the next step
- Select System restart
If performing the System restart didn’t work for you, try hard rebooting your Roku device;
- Unplug your Roku device from the power outlet and then plug it back in.
- Once your Roku device has rebooted, try opening the Funimation app again.
After this, the Roku device will restart and hopefully return to its normal state. If the problem does not resolve, kindly move on to the next step.
Update Roku Device
Updating the Roku device is easy and simple. Sometimes updating the system can rectify such kinds of issues. Follow these steps to update your Roku device:
- First, press Home on your Roku remote
- Now scroll and select Settings.
- Now, select Systems.
- Select the System update.
Note: The system update tab shows only the current software and build version, along with the date and time of the latest update.
- Select Check Now to manually check for updates.
If there is any update available for your Roku device, just download it. After this, initiate the installation process. Your Roku device will install the update and reboot itself automatically.
Remove and Add Funimation Channel
To reinstall the Funimation, all you have to do is just follow these simple steps :
- On the Roku, home navigate to the Channel tiles.
- Now find Funimation in the channel tiles
- Now press the * key on your Roku remote and choose Remove channel.
- Now, all you have to do is restart your Roku device.
- Restart your Roku device by Settings > Power > System restart.
- Once the device reboots, add the Funimation channel again.
It seems like nothing worked for you. If this is the case, we suggest contacting Funimation customer support to provide you with better assistance. Raise your problem on their customer portal and ask their support to provide you with the resolutions.
You can also try contacting Roku customer support. Roku customer support is also very helpful and will help you in resolving your case.
Also, Check: If your Funimation App Not Working, Crashing or Buffering.
More Helpful Guides;