Recently, I was trying to watch AOT using Funimation on my Samsung tv. But after starting the show Funimation started buffering again and again. I tried some troubleshooting but that didn’t work for my device.
So I went online to find the solution for this buffering problem with Funimation. I visited some Reddit pages and forums, I also contacted the Funimation team. After searching online for half an hour, I was able to fix Funimation buffering issue on my device.
In this post, I’m going to share all the steps that can help you in fixing Funimation buffering issue on your device.
How to Fix Funimation Buffering Issue?
The funimation buffering problem can be fixed by disabling the ad blocker, lowering the streaming quality, enabling the VPN, restarting your TV or WiFi router, or reinstalling the funimation app. Also, check the funimation status on the down detector, if there is an outage, wait for some time. Once the issue is resolved, the buffering issue will be resolved.
Restart Your TV
To fix Funimation buffering problem, you can power cycle your smart tv. This will clear the memory of your smart tv that can fix the Funimation buffering issue.
- Close the Funimation app.
- Turn off your smart tv using the remote.
- Press and hold the physical power button on the tv for 15-20 seconds.
- Now, wait for 10 minutes.
- Turn on your tv.
Launch the Funimation app, and now play a show or movie to check if the buffering issue is resolved.
Check Your Internet Connection
Funimation needs at least 2mbps for sd, and 5 Mbps for HD content. If your internet is slower than the required internet connection speed then you can face the buffering problem. You can check your internet speed at speedtest.net. If you see that your internet is slow then you can try the following tips below.
- Move your router closer and higher to the streaming device.
- Use an ethernet cable for connecting your streaming device to the internet.
- Make sure there is no obstacle between your wifi and streaming device.
- Use your mobile hotspot as an internet connection, if the Funimation is working then contact your internet service provider for help.
If your internet is still not working then try the power cycle of your wifi by following the steps below.
- Turn off your router.
- Unplug it from the power.
- Wait for 10 minutes.
- Now turn on your router.
Now connect your device to the wifi and check your internet speed. If your internet is still slow, contact your internet service provider for help. Once the connectivity issue is resolved, you’ll be able to stream Funimation without any problem.
Disable Ad Blocker and VPN
Some users have reported that they were able to fix the Funimation buffering issue by disabling the ad blocker. So I’ll suggest you remove or disable the ad blocker to fix this problem. After disabling the ad blocker check if the buffering issue is resolved or not.
Disable VPN– Some people use VPN for streaming Funimation on their devices. But using VPN can cause a buffering issue. So to fix this issue disable or remove the VPN and try streaming again.
Lower The Streaming Quality
You can also fix Funimation buffering issue by changing the streaming quality. Many Funimation users have been able to fix the buffering problem by changing the streaming quality. Start a show or movie now and set the streaming quality to HD or 720p. Make sure that streaming quality is not set to “auto”. After changing the quality to 720p or 480p, check if the Funimation buffering issue is resolved or not.
Some users have reported that they were able to fix the Funimation buffering issue by reinstalling the app. To reinstall the Funimation app, follow the steps below.
- Delete the Funimation from your device.
- Restart your device.
- Install the latest version of Funimation.
After reinstalling Funimation, launch the app and now you’ll be able to stream shows on the Funimation app.
Clear The Cache and Data
Clearing the cache and data of the Funimation app can fix the buffering issue. If you’ve not removed the cache of Funimation then follow the steps below.
- Go to settings.
- Select apps.
- Locate and select Funimation.
- Now clear the cache and data of the app.
Launch the app and log in to your account, now play a show or movie you’ll be good to go.
Update App and Device Firmware
Sometimes outdated applications and firmware of the device can cause issues like buffering and crashing. So first let’s update the app and check if the issue is resolved.
- Go to the app store and search for Funimation.
- Update the app.
Now check if the buffering issue is resolved. If not then check for your device update.
- Go to device settings.
- Locate and select the firmware update/software update option.
- Download and install the update if available.
- Restart your device.
Some other things to Try For Fixing the Funimation Keeps Loading issue
- Close the Funimation app and launch the app again.
- If too many people are trying to watch the same show then you can face crashing or buffering issues on Funimation.
- Check for Funimation outage at the down detector. If the Funimation is down, then wait for the issue to resolve. Once the outage is fixed by Funimation you’ll be again able to use Funimation on your device.
Launch Funimation and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Fix Funimation Buffering on Chrome
Below I’ve shared some steps that can fix the Funimation buffering issue on chrome or any other browser.
- Close the tab and chrome, now launch chrome again and check if the issue is fixed.
- Clear the browser cache and cookies.
- Uninstall or disable the ad blocker if you are using one.
- Uninstall or disable VPN if you are using one.
- Update the Chrome browser.
- If these steps don’t work then try other browsers like firefox etc.
If the Funimation is still buffering and not playing video properly, then contact the Funimation team. The team at Funimation can help you in fixing the buffering, video stopping, or choppy issues on your device.
More helpful Guides: