Are you stuck on the “Optimizing System Storage and Application” screen on firestick. This will take approximately 10 minutes to complete, are you again getting the same same on your screen? Nothing happening, progress bar loads and starts over again? In this post, we’ll guide you on how you can get rid of this issue. We’ve gathered some best possible working solutions, and also, you’ll get to know why you’re getting this message in the loop on firestick.
Why Does My Firestick Keep Saying Optimizing System Storage and Applications?
We’ve penned down some of the probable causes why your Firestick keeps on repeating the ‘optimizing system storage and applications’ message.
- Firestick Not receiving enough power – One of the possible reasons your Firestick has issues might be that your device is not getting an adequate power supply. You need to ensure that everything is properly connected to function efficiently.
- Faulty HDMI port – The issue might be due to a damaged or faulty port. It would be best to plug the Firestick in the other port to verify this. We will be covering this in detail below.
- Damaged USB cable – You also need to ensure whether the cable you are causing is in working condition or not. The reason your device is not working might be because you are using a damaged or frayed cable.
- Using a local Adapter/ USB cable – Most of the devices are designed in such a way that these only work with the original accessories and not with the third party or local ones.
How Do I Fix Fire Stick Optimizing System Storage and Applications?
In this part, we will focus on the solutions that would help resolve the Fire Stick optimizing system storage and applications issue.
Restart TV and Firestick
Some temporary glitches like the “Optimizing Storage and applications” issue can be resolved by restarting our TV and Firestick device.
Follow the below steps:
- Firstly, unplug your Firestick device from the TV and the power source.
- Please turn off your TV and remove its power cable from the source.
- Also, please turn off your Wifi router/modem and unplug their cables as well.
- Now, wait for 10-15 minutes and plug in the router cables.
- Turn on the router and wait for 2-3 minutes.
- After that, plug in the TV’s power cable and turn it on.
- Now, plug in the Fire Stick and ensure that all the wires and cables are connected properly.
- Now, turn on the FireStick.
- If you’re getting the ‘Optimizing system storage and applications’ message on screen, let it complete and keep pressing the keys when the progress bar reaches the end.
- Lastly, check if the issue is resolved.
Plug The Firestick in the Wall Directly
For a device to work effectively, proper proper power supply is needed. When we use an extension or power strip where multiple devices are connected to a single source, our device might not get the enough supply it needs to work properly.
There can be chances that you are using an extension where too many devices are connected. Due to that, your firestick can cannot get enough power supply. In this situation your firestick can stuck on “Optimizing system storage and applications” error. The chances of this error increase with the number of devices connected.
- So it is advisable to use a direct power supply that you can get by plugging in your Firestick’s power adapter directly into the wall socket.
By using this, the device would get the adequate supply it needs. Now wait for the process to complete, now you’ll able to get past the optimizing system storage and applications screen.
Related: Fix firestick download queued
Use Original Power Adapter and Cable
For better performance, it is advisable to use Firestick’s original power adapter and accessories because those are designed specifically in such a way that it works perfectly with Firestick.
Especially during the time of firmware update, Firestick needs more power so that we don’t get stuck on the “Optimizing Storage and Applications” screen. Also, many users claimed that they managed to fix this issue by using the original power adapter and cables.
- Power OFF the TV and Firestick device.
- If you are using a 3rd party Adapter/cable, please remove that.
- You need to connect the original Adapter and USB cable with the Firestick.
- Power ON the TV and your Firestick device.
- If you are getting the optimizing system storage message, let it complete the process.
- Also, keep a check on the status bar and when it is about to complete, keep on pressing the HOME button on the remote.
- To ensure that your Firestick is updated with the latest firmware.
- Now your Firestick device is working fine.
Tips: If the power cord or charging adapter is damaged, then replace it with a new firestick adapter to fix the issue.
Change the HDMI Port
The other probable reason might be an issue with the port. To check whether it’s due to the port or not, please go through the following steps:
- Try unplugging the Firestick from the HDMI port and power off the TV.
- Now try plugging in it to a different HDMI port of your TV and power ON the TV.
- Keep a check of the status bar and once it’s near the end, keep on pressing the Home button on the remote and check whether the Firestick optimizing storage issue is resolved or not.
If this doesn’t work out for you, check out our other below solutions.
Plug Firestick Into Another TV
Sometimes due to some firmware updates, there can be instances that your TV is not compatible with the Firestick. And due to this, Firestick might start showing the “Optimizing system storage and applications” message.
To Find out whether the issue is with the Firestick device or your TV. You can do a troubleshooting step by plugging the Firestick device into another TV(if any).
- Ensure that both TVs are powered off.
- After that, plug out the Fire Stick from Tv and plug it into your Another Tv or your Friends Tv.
- Now, turn on the Tv and, if you’re getting an ‘optimizing system storage and application’ message on screen, let it complete and if there are some other updates also, install them as well.
- Make sure to press the Home button (on the Firestick remote) whenever the progress bar reaches the end.
- After updating the Firestick firmware, turn off your Tv and check if the ‘Optimizing system storage and applications’ issue is fixed. If it’s resolved, plug the Firestick into your Tv and check if you’re getting the issue.
Also check: Fix google play store download pending error
Reset Firestick Optimizing System Storage and Applications
If the issue persists or the latest update has somehow corrupted the Firestick’s firmware, then in that scenario, a factory reset might be the only solution for this issuex. If Firestick displays the optimizing message on a loop, how can we reset it?
And in that scenario, only one thing can work, i.e.factory reset.
- Grab your Fire Stick remote and press and hold the back key and right navigation key for about 10-15 seconds or until the ‘Reset Factory Settings’ confirmation box appears.
- Now, click on Reset.
- After that, wait for the reset process to complete, and in the meantime, make sure you don’t press any keys.
- Once your Fire Stick resets to its default factory settings, check if the issue persists.
Contact Amazon Support
If the issue is still there and none of the above solutions has helped, you need to get in touch with an Amazon technician as there might be some issue with the hardware or else you need to get your Firestick replaced (if under warranty). Also check our post on how to fix firestick stuck on fire stick tv logo.