Error code 224003, some users reported that they encountered this error while they were trying to watch the videos online on Google chrome browser and they can’t watch the video. Users also reported that they are facing this problem mainly on google chrome in comparison to other browsers. If you’re facing the same error code 224003 on your display then follow the steps that are mentioned below, these steps will help you in fixing this error code and you can watch your videos on browser without facing any issue.
What is error code 224003 and how to fix it
Error code 224003 means that the content you’re playing is not supported by the browser. This can happen due to various reasons maybe you’re using an older version of the browse, faulty extensions, VPN, adblockers, cache, and cookies or simply your browser is not compatible. Users are facing this issue on jwplayer powered websites and this is what jwplayer says about error code 224003
Failed to play the associated resource because it is not supported by this browser. Equivalent to the HTML5 MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED mediaErrorJwplayer
In this post, we’re going to explain how you can fix this issue.
Tip: If you’re using VPN try disabling it. This can fix error code 224003 on some devices.
Clear cache and cookies to Fix Error code 224003 This video file cannot be played.
- Open google chrome and press Ctrl + Shift + Del.
- You’ll arrive on a clear browsing data page, now go to cookies and other sites and cached images and files, check the boxes.
- Click on clear data.
May this step resolve your issue and you can watch your videos. If you’re on firefox try clearing cookies and cache to fix error 224003 on your browser
- Open Firefox and click on gear icon to open settings.
- Now click on privacy and security from left side menu.
- Now clear your Firefox cookies and data from here.
Tip: Disable any adblocker if you’re using one, as this can cause error while playing video on your browser
Also check how to fix Pandora error code 3007
Disable Hardware acceleration
Many users have reported that disabling hardware acceleration on their browser fixed error code 224003 This video file cannot be played. You can also try disabling hardware acceleration on chrome by following steps below:
- Open google chrome, click on the three vertical dots and go to settings.
- Locate advanced, click on the downward arrow button.
- Scroll down and go-to the system.
- Go to “Use hardware acceleration when available”, there you’ll see a toggle button, click on the toggle to turn off hardware acceleration.
- After this, there’s an option of Relaunch, click on the relaunch and your browser will restart.
By disabling hardware acceleration may resolve this error 224003.
Update Google chrome To Fix This video file cannot be played.
Still facing this error code 224003 on your screen then, may by updating your google chrome to the latest version help you in resolving this error code.
- Open your chrome, click on three vertical dots.
- A menu will open, go to Help a sub-menu will open on the left/right side.
- Click on About google chrome and it will automatically start checking for new updates and it will update your browser by itself.
Also, you can report your issue, you need to go to report an issue and type your problem you’re facing while using google chrome, and also you can share your error screenshot.
Change your Browser
If you are a google chrome user, facing this error code 224003 and above mentioned steps doesn’t help you in resolving your problem then, switch to other browsers like Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Safari (Mac users), Bing, Opera mini. May you not face this error code on another browser.
Reset browser settings to default
Resetting the browser to their default will clear your cache and cookies, disable hardware acceleration and give a default browser interface. If you want to reset browser settings to default then,
- Open your chrome browser, go to the menu (the three vertical dots).
- Locate and click on the advanced option.
- Go to the system.
- Now, go to the “Reset and clean up” section and click on “Reset settings to their original defaults”.
- A pop-up will appear, click on Reset settings.
Note: Sometimes the issue occurs on some websites which is in beta stage and developments. In that scenario you cannot do anything other then waiting so that the website owner can fix this issue.
Conclusion: Error code 224003 This video file cannot be played, is an error which you can face due to unsupported browser. You can easily fix this issue by updating your browser or following the steps above.
If you’ve any suggestion or any other to fix this error let us know from the comment box. You can also check our post on how to fix Spotify keeps pausing error.