Many people use epic games launcher to play games by epic example Fortnite on their computer. Epic game launcher works fine on windows 10/8/7. But many users face epic games launcher not working, not opening, or flickering issue when they try to play games via the epic launcher. There are various reasons for this we’ve mentioned below:
- Corrupted cache.
- Antivirus blocking your epic games launcher.
- Outdated or corrupted epic games launcher.
- Server outage at epic games.
The main reasons for epic games won’t launch are mentioned. So as we know the reasons for the issue we have got a solution to fix this issue. You can follow the steps below to fix the epic games launcher not working on your pc.
Note: Try restarting your pc, as it will refresh the windows and the apps. After restarting try launching the epic games launcher and see if it works.
End Epic Games Launcher Process
You can fix the issue by simply closing the epic games launcher processes. To end the epic games launcher process follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the taskbar and click on task manager.
- Now click on the process tab and search for the epic game launcher process from the list.
- Right-click on the epic games launcher process and click on end task.
- Now try opening the epic games launcher to see if the issue is fixed on your pc.
If you’re still getting the issue you can follow the other steps below to fix the epic games launcher not working.
Note: If there’s an server issue at epic games then you can face epic games launcher won’t open issue. Check the server status at downdetector. If there’s an server issue at epic games then wait for some times it’ll be resolved by them.
Delete Temporary Epic Games Launcher Files
Sometimes the corrupted files on your PC can cause the epic games launching not working issue. Fortunately, you can easily overcome the issue by deleting these corrupted temporary files from your pc. To delete epic games launcher temp files follow the steps below:
- Perform the fix 1 from above to end the epic games launcher process from the task manager.
- After ending the epic games launcher task press windows+r to open run.
- Now type %localappdata% and hit enter.
- Now search for the epic games launcher folder and double click to open it.
- Click on the saved folder.
- Now right click on the webcache folder and click on delete.
This fix works like a charm and it’ll fix the epic games launcher not working issue on your pc. In case if you’re still getting the issue then you can follow the troubleshooting steps to fix the epic games launcher won’t open or flickering issue on your pc.
Disable Antivirus Software
Sometimes you can face epic games launcher not working because of antivirus on your pc. If you’re using an antivirus then sometimes after an update it can block epic games launcher accesses. This can cause the epic games launcher to not work properly on your pc. To fix this you can simply disable the antivirus on your pc. After disabling antivirus you’ll not face epic games launcher won’t open on your pc. You can also disable the windows real-time protection by following the steps below:
- Press windows+I to open the windows settings.
- Open update and security.
- From the left side of the screen click on windows security.
- Double click on virus and threat protection.
- Now click on manage settings.
- Now turn off the real-time protection.
After disabling the real-time protection or after disabling antivirus check if the issue is fixed on your pc.
Change Epic Games Launcher Shortcuts Properties
Not too many people know but making changes to the epic games launcher properties can fix the epic games launcher won’t open issue. To make changes in epic games launcher properties follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the epic games launcher shortcuts icon from your desktop.
- Now click on the properties option.
- Now click on the shortcut tab and in the target field type -OpenGL at the end of the field. After adding -OpenGL it should look like: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win32\EpicGamesLauncher.exe” –OpenGL
- Click on apply and ok to save changes.
Check if you’re able to open the epic games launcher without facing any issue.
Also check: Fix Twitch error code 5000
Reinstall Epic Games Launcher on Your PC
Many people have reported that they were able to fix the issue by reinstalling the epic games launcher on their PC. Reinstalling epic games launcher will remove any corrupted files from your pc. This will fix the epic games launcher not working on your pc. To reinstall Epic games launcher follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + R to open the run.
- Now type appwiz.cpl and hit enter to open programs installed on your pc.
- Now locate the epic games launcher from the list.
- Right-click on the epic games launcher and click on uninstall.
- After uninstalling the epic games launcher restart your computer.
- Now download the latest version of the epic games launcher from here.
- Now install the epic launcher on your pc.
When the installation complete check if you’re able to open the epic games launcher without any issue.
Try Repairing Epic Games Launcher
You can use the Windows in-built app repair function to fix the epic games launcher issue on your pc. You can follow the steps below to repair the windows application by following the steps below:
- Again press windows + r to open run.
- Now type control appwiz.cpl and hit enter to open program and features.
- Location epic games launcher from the list and right-click on it.
- Now click on the repair option.
When the process completes check if this fixes the epic games launcher won’t open an issue on your pc.
Also check: Fix Discord RTC Connecting Issue
Fix Epic Games Launcher Screen Flickering Issue
If your epic games launcher is flickering then you can fix this issue by making changes to your display settings. You can follow the steps below to make changes to display settings.
- Right-click on the desktop and click on display settings.
- Under the layout and scale set the size of text, apps, and other items to 100% (recommended).
After making these changes you’ll not face the epic games launcher flickering issue on your pc.
Tips: You can disconnect your computer from the internet then launch an epic games launcher. Now you’ll not face epic games launcher flickering or opening closing rapidly on your PC. Enter your email address and click on continue in offline mode. Now reconnect your computer to the internet and you’ll not face this issue.
If you’ve any other fix then do let us know from the comment box and also check how to fix can’t hear anyone on discord.