Are you not getting the Dolby vision picture quality and experience while streaming Netflix? Then don’t worry, in the past, we came across the same problem on our smart tv. We’re not able to stream Netflix content in Dolby vision. We did some research and were able to fix Dolby vision not working issue on Netflix. In this post, we’re going to explain why Dolby vision is not working on Netflix and how you can fix it.
Why is Dolby Vision not working on Netflix?
There is an issue related to your smart Tv and some problem could be with Netflix, you can find out below some causes That’s why Netflix not working with Dolby vision, check once.
- Dolby Vision is Not enabled.
- Slow internet connection.
- Support for Dolby vision.
- Your Netflix plan doesn’t support Dolby vision.
- Pending software update.
- The content you’re trying to stream is not available in Dolby vision.
How to fix it when DOLBY Vision is not working on Netflix?
After learning the reasons why Dolby vision can stop working on Netflix, then you can follow the troubleshooting steps below to fix this issue.
Check if Your Smart TV supports Dolby vision or not?
If your smart tv or device doesn’t support Dolby vision, then you’ll not be able to play Dolby vision content through Netflix on your smart tv. So first check your device details, if it supports Dolby vision or not. If your smart tv supports Dolby vision and still not working with Netflix, then tweak some settings.
- Go to device settings.
- Now select the audio and video or video option.
- Now select resolution.
- Here, make sure that the selected resolution is 2160p or 4k and Dolby vision or hdr 10+.
After selecting these settings, launch Netflix and play a Dolby vision movie or show. Now you’ll be able to play Dolby vision Netflix content on your smart tv.
Power Cycle Your Smart TV
Sometimes you can easily fix such an issue by restarting your smart tv. So first restart your smart tv with the help of your remote and check if the Dolby vision is working or not with the Netflix. If the issue persists then follow the steps to hard reset or power cycle your smart tv.
- Turn off your smart tv using the remote.
- Now unplug your smart tv from the power outlet.
- Wait at least 5-10 minutes.
- Plugin the tv into the power outlet.
- Now turn it on.
Now open Netflix and check if the Dolby vision not working issue is fixed or not.
Check Your Netflix Plan
Dolby vision is only available on the 4-screen plan. So if you’re not on the 4-screen plan then you need to upgrade your plan for enjoying Dolby vision on Netflix. To upgrade your plan follow the steps below.
- Open a browser and sign in to your account.
- Go to the plan details sections and click on change plan.
- Now select the 4-screen plan then select the update or continue button.
- Now click on confirm changes.
After upgrading your plan launch Netflix on your tv. Now play any Dolby vision content, and you’ll be able to enjoy Dolby vision on your smart tv without any issues.
How to Find the Shows or movies that are available in Dolby vision
Below we’ve mentioned some points to remember while searching for Dolby Vision content on Netflix.
- First of all your smart tv needs to support Dolby vision, only then you’ll be able to get the Dolby vision icon on the supported content. If your tv is 1080p hdr then you’ll only be able to play Netflix content in 1080p hdr. In this case, it doesn’t matter if you have a 4 screen plan or not, Dolby vision will just not work on your tv.
- If you have a smart tv that supports Dolby vision, then you need a 4 screen plan. After fulfilling both criteria you’ll get the Dolby vision icon on the supported content.
- Also, remember not all movies and tv shows’ seasons are available in hdr10 or Dolby vision. You’ll only be able to stream Dolby vision on supported content.
Re-login Netflix Account
If Dolby vision is still not working after the power cycle, then try logging in to your account. Some users reported that they were able to fix this issue with a re-login of Netflix.
- Open Netflix and go to the profile.
- Go to the left side of the app interface.
- Select the get help option in the bottom right corner.
- Choose sign out.
- Now login with your user id and password.
Tip: Press the back button on your smart tv remote to exit the Netflix app. Now launch the Netflix app and check if the Dolby vision is now working or not.
Check Your Internet Connection
Netflix requires a minimum of 15 Mbps for streaming 4k Dolby vision content. If your internet is not stable or fast enough then you can face issues while streaming Dolby vision on Netflix. So first check your internet speed at fast.com or speedtest.net. If your internet is slower than 15 Mbps then try improving your internet speed by following the steps below.
- Try moving your router closer to the smart tv.
- Disconnect other devices that are connected to the wifi.
- Use ethernet cable for connecting your smart tv to the wifi.
Hard reset your network by following the steps below
- Remove the power cable from the router or unplug your router from the power outlet.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now plug in your router and turn it on.
- Connect your smart tv to the wifi.
Now check if the internet is working properly or not. If your connection speed is still slow then contact the internet service provider for help. After fixing the internet speed you’ll be access the Dolby vision content on Netflix.
Clear cache of Netflix app
In some cases users were able to get the Dolby vision content on Netflix by clearing the cache of Netflix app. To clear Netflix cache follow the steps below.
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Navigate to the settings option.
- Click on the apps option.
- Select Netflix from the list.
- Click on the clear cache to clear it.
- Go to firestick settings.
- Open applications option.
- Now select manage installed applications.
- Select Netflix from the list.
- Now force stop the app then clear cache and data.
- Press home 5 times.
- Then up one time.
- Now rewind 2 times.
- Fast forward 2 times.
- Now your Roku tv or stick will restart.
After clearing the cache of the Netflix app launch the app and check if the Dolby vision is playing or not.
Update your Tv firmware
Sometimes outdated TV firmware can stop your smart tv from streaming Dolby vision. So make sure that your tv’s firmware is up to date. To update your device firmware follow the steps below.
- Go to your tv settings.
- Now select the apps icon.
- Now open the help option.
- Select the system update option.
If you’re still not able to stream content in Dolby vision on Netflix, then contact the Netflix team. They can help you in fixing Dolby vision not working on Netflix.
More Helpful Articles: