The biggest video-on-demand service from Disney allows unlimited live, on-demand, and library content from all of their subsidiaries like 20th Century Fox, ABC, FreeForm & Pixar. But users are reporting that Disney Plus is Not Working on PS4, and PS5 is not allowing them to enjoy their content.
If you’re looking for a solution to the Disney Plus Not Working on PS4, then you’ve found the right page. We’ve scoured the internet and covered all the aspects that’ll help you in resolving the issue.
Why is Disney Plus not working on my PS4/PS5?
Whenever we experience some problems, we try to resolve them asap, but there’s a question that always remains in our heads, and today, some users may have this question in their minds. To resolve this question, here are some possible reasons why your Disney Plus is not working on your PlayStation.
- Your ISP DNS is not working: If your DNS is experiencing some issues, it’ll affect the communication between your console and Disney plus.
- Buggy Update: Sometimes, a version of the update causes such issues. Some users reported that they could not access the Disney Plus services after updating Disney to its latest update.
- Problematic Internet: One of the probable reasons why your Disney Plus isn’t working on your PS4 and PS5 is your poor, slow, or faulty internet connection. So, check if there’s an issue with your internet connection. In most cases, a problematic internet connection causes such problems.
How do I get Disney Plus to work on PS4/PS5?
We’ve gathered and penned down the best troubleshooting methods to get your Disney Plus to work on your PS4 or PS5. All you need to do is, follow the given steps as instructed.
Reboot your PS4 and PS5 consoles
The very first step toward fixing any issue is rebooting the device. Rebooting your PS4 or PS5 will refresh the UI and clear out the minor glitches and bugs from the PlayStation. Here are steps to reboot your PS4 or PS5;
- On the main page, select the Power tab option.
- Now, select the Power options menu.
- After that, choose Restart PS4 or PS5, then Press the’ O’ or ‘X’ button.
- Lastly, wait until your console reboots.
Deactivate the HDR option in PS4 and PS5.
Sony added the HDR option in the 2016 software update, giving users a great
experience with 120-hertz refresh rates. It might be the root cause. So, turning off the HDR option in settings can fix the Disney Plus working problem. Here are the following steps to turn off the HDR option.
- Navigate to the Settings of your PS4 and PS5.
- Now, go to the Screen and Video option.
- Below the Video Output Information, you will see the HDR option.
- And, turn it off.
Analyzing your Internet Connection and Settings
You can analyze the internet connection because sometimes the internet speed makes the Disney Plus loading screen stuck. Also, Disney Plus needs a minimum speed of 5 Mbps to run video content smoothly. Here are the following methods which you can try out.
- Check your internet speed by opening any speed test website like Speedtest.com if you find your internet speed to be less than 5Mbps. Kindly contact your Internet operator to rectify the internet speed.
- You can reboot the router by pressing the power button. Once the router restarts, make sure that all lights are working correctly. Then recheck the internet speed.
- If rebooting the router does not work out. Then reset the router by pressing the reset button, which is present on the back side of the router. Then reconfigure your router settings.
- You can also open the setting option on PS4 and PS5. Now, navigate to the Network section and locate the Set up an internet connection option. Now, you have a list of all available and connected networks. Press ‘X’ onto the connected network, disconnect it and reconnect to the same network again.
Reinstalling the Disney Plus app
Reinstalling the Disney plus may resolve your issue and is a straightforward process. Follow the steps as given below:
- Highlight the Disney Plus application on your PS4 and PS5 homepage.
- Now, press the ‘triangle’ button and select the Delete option.
- Once it is deleted, reboot it and then go to the PlayStation Store and reinstall it.
Updating the Disney Plus app
Sometimes we forget to update the app, which is why the app will not work correctly. Follow the following steps to update :
How to update Disney plus on ps4?
- Highlight the Disney Plus application on your PS4 or PS5 homepage.
- Now, press the ‘triangle’ button, select the Check for Update option, and press ‘X.’
- Your console will check for the latest version of the app and automatically download it for you. (If the app has the latest version, it will show- The installed application is the newest version.
Restricting or Lowering the Streaming Quality
If you are facing a crashing issue while playing video content, lowering the streaming quality will solve the problem. Below are the steps, follow as instructed:
- Open the Disney Plus app on your PS4 or PS5.
- Now, open the side menu and head to the settings.
- Under the App Settings, go to the Data Usage.
- You can select the ‘Automatic’ or ‘Save the data’ option depending on your choice and the speed of the internet connection.
Updating the firmware of PS4 and PS5
Sony and Disney Plus worked on this issue and released an update regarding it. So you can check the updates on your PS4 or PS5 console.
- Navigate to the settings option.
- Now, select the system software update.
- After that, select Update Now.
- If any updates are available, press Next and wait until the download completes.
- The update will install automatically.
- Lastly, restart your console.
Changing the DNS Settings
Sometimes DNS (Domain Name System) provided by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) has some issues. Due to this, the server does not have a good connection between your console and Disney + server. Here is the following step to fix it :
- Head to the settings of your console.
- Select the ‘Network’ option.
- In the Network menu, select the ‘Set Up Internet Connection.’
- Then, choose the connection type ‘Wifi/Lan Cable.’
- Now, select ‘Custom’ internet connection setup.
- Under the IP Address Settings, select ‘Automatic.’
- Under DHCP Host Name, select ‘Do Not Specify.’
- In the DNS Settings menu, select ‘Manual.’
- Then, set your Primary DNS to 18.104.22.168
- Set your secondary DNS to 22.214.171.124, then select the ‘Next’ option.
- Under the MTU Settings, select the option ‘Do Not Use.’
- Under the Proxy Server, select the option ‘Do Not Use.’
- Select the Test Internet Connection, and You are ready to reopen Disney +.
Factory reset your PS4 or PS5
Some applications on your console can change the configuration settings, or sometimes you can accidentally change it. Before doing this step, we recommend you to backup all the files (Games, Videos, Apps, etc.) because this step will erase your console data.
Follow the following steps to factory reset your PS4 and PS5.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Then select the Initialization option.
- Then select ‘FULL’ to perform the factory reset operation.
- This process takes a reasonable amount of time, so please feel free to grab snacks or go on a walk.
- After a factory reset, reinstall the Disney Plus app on your console.
Check to see if resetting the PlayStation resolves your issue or not. If it’s still not working, move on to the next step.
Using VPN services
Some of the countries are not listed on the Disney Plus app. This is known as ‘Geo-blocking.’ This is why you are restricted to using Disney +. Everything has its solutions. You can use VPN, which stands for ‘Virtual Private Network.’ So you can use VPN services that hide the user’s IP address, or we can say it hides the location from where you are using the internet.
Let’s take an example of a user using the internet from the USA, and if the user uses VPN, then they can hide their location and use other countries’ servers to search and stream anything. You can use the VPN listed below:
- IPVANISH VPN
- Private Internet Access
After selecting your VPN choice, you have to set it up, and your Disney + will be working again.
Contacting Disney + Help Centre
If you are still facing the problem, the final way you have is to contact the Disney + team. You can also find the guide related to troubleshooting. You can contact Disney+ support via live chat or a call available 24/7. The important thing is that you can provide every detail regarding the issue/error they are facing by attaching screenshots/videos. This will help the Disney + team to identify and rectify the root cause of the problem quickly.
More Helpful Guides: