Just like any other streaming service, Discovery plus is also not untouched by errors and glitches. Your discovery plus can stop working on your devices due to various reasons. Some of them are connectivity problems, slow internet speed, software issues, a technical glitch, or an outage at discovery plus itself. We’ve gathered some of the know fixes below that help you in fixing discovery plus not working on your device.
Why is discovery plus not working on my Device?
- Bad internet connection– The first and the most obvious reason for the streaming issue on discovery plus is the bad internet connection. You can face issues while streaming discovery plus due to connectivity issues.
- Discovery plus is down– One of the major causes for Discovery plus not working is discovery plus outage.
- Discovery plus cache– Sometimes corrupted cache and data can create issues while streaming on discovery plus. Clearing them can help in fixing discovery plus not working issues.
- Software update– An outdated discovery plus app or device firmware can also give you trouble while streaming discovery plus.
Above are some of the known reasons for discovery plus streaming issues on your device. Now without any further ado, let’s continue with troubleshooting steps.
How Do I Fix Discovery Plus on My Device?
Fix your internet connection
As we discussed above a bad internet connection can also cause issues while streaming discovery plus on your device. Your video can be stuck on buffering due to slow internet speed. First of all, go to speedtest and check your internet speed there. If you’re getting slow internet speed then try moving your router closer to your streaming device. If that doesn’t help then use a wired ethernet connection with high internet speed. If nothing works then contact your internet service provider.
Requirement of discovery plus internet speed should be-
Low quality need 0.5mbps
Standard quality need 2.5mbps
High definition need 4mbps
Make sure next time when you watch content on discovery plus first check the net speed according to the quality of video or you can use a web browser to check internet working properly or not.
Related: Fix hbo max not working on firestick
Power Cycle Your Smart TV and WI-FI device
Regardless of what tv you’re using, the power cycle of smart tv and wifi device can help in fixing discovery plus not working. Follow the steps below for the power cycle of your devices.
- Turn off and unplug your smart tv from the power socket.
- Now press and hold the physical power button on your smart tv for 30-60 seconds.
- Turn off your wifi router also.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- First plug in your router and turn it on.
- Now plugin your tv and turn it on.
- Connect your smart tv to wifi.
Now launch discovery plus and check if it is working or not. This fix will work for most users, if the issue persists then follow the steps below for checking discovery plus outage.
Check if discovery is plus down
Sometimes you can face issues while streaming discovery plus due to the outage. If the discovery plus server is down then you can face issues in streaming. To check whether discovery plus is down or not you can visit downdetector. There you can check the live status of discovery plus servers. You can also report your problem from there. For checking discovery plus outage you can also visit discovery plus social media pages like Twitter and Facebook. From there you can find the report of discovery plus outage. If discovery plus is down then you need to wait for discovery plus to fix issues at their end.
Sign out and sign in again discovery plus
Some users suggested that signing out of discovery plus app fixed streaming issues for them. Logout of discovery plus from your device. Now restart your device and launch discovery plus. Re-login into your discovery plus account and check if it is working properly or not. If not then try restarting the app. Simply close the app completely and launch the app again. Now try streaming content and check if the discovery plus streaming issue is fixed or not.
Also check: Fix lg tv netflix not working
Update your software
The outdated app, device software, browsers can also cause issues while streaming discovery plus. If your discovery plus app is not working on your device, then check if the app is up to date or not. If not then update your app to its latest version. If the issue persists then check if the device software is updated or not. If not then try updating your device software and try discovery plus again after that.
If discovery plus is not working or playing videos on your browser, then try updating your browser to its latest version. After updating your browser check if the discovery plus streaming issue is resolved or not.
Try discovery plus on a different device
Sometimes due to an update or bug apps can stop working on a device’s model for a few days or weeks. In such a scenario you can use discovery plus on other devices. If discovery plus is still not working on your device then try using discovery plus on any other device. If you’re facing issues while streaming discovery plus on a browser, then using another browser. You can try using Firefox for streaming discovery plus on your laptop or desktop.
Reinstall the discovery plus app
Reinstallation of discovery plus app can help in resolving streaming issues. If discovery plus is not working properly on your device then try reinstalling it.
- Delete discovery plus from your device.
- Restart your streaming device.
- Now install the latest version of discovery plus on your device.
- log in to your discovery plus app.
Now check if the discovery plus app is working or not on your device.
Also check: Fix espn plus not working
Fix discovery plus not working on Samsung TV
Try cold booting
Cold booting is a method on Samsung tv that can help in clearing cache on your tv without turning off your Samsung tv. To perform the cold boot method press and hold the power button on your Samsung tv remote until the tv turns off and turns back on again. Now launch the discovery plus app and check if you’re still facing issues in streaming it on your Samsung smart tv. If the issue persists try hard resetting it by following the steps below.
- Turn off the Samsung TV and unplug it from the power supply board.
- Wait about 60 seconds.
- After 60 seconds plug the TV cable into the power supply board.
- Try streaming discovery plus on Samsung TV
If discovery plus is still not working on your Samsung tv then try other steps below.
Update the software of Samsung TV
You can try updating your Samsung tv firmware that can help in fixing discovery plus issues.
- On your home screen go to the settings menu.
- Go to the support and then select software update.
- Click on update and wait, your TV will automatically update and restart.
- Once the update is completed check if discovery plus is working or not.
Reset the smart hub
Resetting your Samsung smart tv can help in fixing any app issue on your Samsung smart tv. Also, note that you’ll lose all the custom settings after resetting your Samsung tv.
- Go to the home screen and then settings.
- Now select support and go to self-diagnosis and open it up.
- Select the reset smart hub option and click on reset the smart hub.
- After resetting the smart hub launch discovery plus and login to your account.
Also check: Amazon prime video not working on samsung tv
Fix Discovery Plus on Roku
Pressing the following button combination on your roku remote can help in fixing discovery plus streaming issues on your roku.
Press home button 5 times, now press up button once then rewind twice followed by fast forward twice.
After pressing the following button combination your roku tv or roku stick will restart in a couple of seconds. When the roku restart launch discovery plus and check if the issue is fixed or not. If not then try reinstalling discovery plus on your roku tv.
Fix discovery plus on firestick
Clear cache of discovery plus
- Go to settings.
- Select applications.
- Then go to manage installed applications.
- Now locate and select discovery plus app from the list.
- First select force stop then clear cache and data of discovery plus on your firestick.
Now launch discovery plus and login to account. Check if the problem is resolved or not.
How do I Fix discovery plus Crashing on iPhone and Android?
1. Reinstall– Reinstalling discovery plus app on your android or iPhone device can help in fixing any streaming issues.
2. Clear cache of discovery plus app– On your android device go to settings and select notifications and app. Select all apps and locate discovery plus from the list. Tap on discovery plus then tap on storage usage. Now first force stop discovery plus then clear cache and data of your Discovery plus app.
3. Restart– Restarting your smartphone can help in fixing any temporary technical glitches.
4. Update: Updating your discovery plus app can also help in fixing streaming errors.