Recently updated on October 12th, 2022 at 02:54 pm
Recently several users reported that their discovery plus keeps crashing, freezing, and not loading properly. There may be several reasons causing discovery plus to crash on your device. To fix this problem we did some research. In this post, we’re going to explain why discovery plus is crashing/kicking out and how you can fix this problem.
What causes the “Discovery plus keeps crashing” problem?
If the discovery plus is crashing constantly, then it can be very problematic. It can be more problematic if you don’t know what is causing discovery plus to crash. Below we’ve mentioned some reasons why your discovery plus is crashing.
- Your discovery plus can start crashing during an outage.
- If the internet is slow or not working properly then discovery plus can crash on your device.
- Due to a temporary glitch or bug.
- Corrupted cache and data can also cause the problem.
- If discovery plus is outdated then you can face issues while streaming.
- Discovery plus can start crashing and freezing due to hardware issues.
How to fix discovery plus keeps crashing?
The best way to fix discovery plus crashing is to restart your device and router, reinstall the app, update your device firmware and app, fix your internet connection, and clear your cache and data from the app. If none of these work, then check for an outage. Follow the detailed steps by step guide on how to fix discovery plus crashing on your device.
Check for Discovery Plus Outage
During an outage discovery plus can start crashing on your device. If want to check whether there is an outage or not, then visit downdetector. Here you’ll get the live status of the Disney plus server in your region. If you see that there is an outage, then you need to wait for some time. Once the outage is resolved, discovery plus will start working normally on your device.
Perform Power Cycle of Your TV
Power cycling the device can help in fixing any glitch that prevents the device to work properly. It will also refresh your internet connection to enhance your internet speed.
- First, close the discovery plus app on the device you are using.
- Turn off the device, modem, and router.
- Unplug the cable of all the devices.
- Press the button on the tv to discharge any remaining electricity.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Plug in all the cables of the device and turn it on.
Try to open the discovery plus app and check if it is still crashing, if yes then something is wrong with the internet. To check the internet connection, follow the next portion of this post.
Check your internet speed
If your internet speed is poor or not working properly, then the discovery plus app can start crashing, stopping, or closing on your device. You need a stable and good internet connection for discovery plus to function properly. So to fix the issue with your internet connection follow the steps mentioned below.
- To stream discovery plus, the minimum internet requirement is 2.5mbps download speed and 6.5mbps for streaming live sports tv.
- Try to stream youtube or any other video service to check if the internet is working or not.
- Use your mobile network as a hotspot to check if the discovery plus app crashing issue is fixed. If yes, then your wifi is causing the problem.
- If you are using wifi then try using an ethernet cable for stable connection and speed.
- If you have any doubt about the internet connection then reach out to your internet service provider.
Once the internet issue is resolved, then discovery plus will start streaming fine. If the issue persists, then proceed with the other troubleshooting steps below.
Clear the cache on the discovery plus app
If the discovery plus app is crashing, then you can try clearing the cache and data of the app. Once done check if the discovery plus crashing issue is resolved or not.
Follow the steps given:
Clear cache in mobile device
- Go to the settings of your device.
- Select apps and tap on the installed application.
- Tap on the discovery+ app.
- Tap on clear cache.
- Go to settings.
- Now locate the application option or list.
- Select discovery plus app.
- Now clear the cache of the discovery plus app.
On Roku remote press the home button. Now press the home button on your remote 5 times, press up 1 time then rewind 2 times followed by the fast forward button 2 times.
Now cache will be cleared on your Roku device.
- Go home screen and select settings.
- Select application.
- Now select the manage installed applications option.
- Locate and select the discovery plus app.
- Click on force stop.
- Now clear the cache and data of discovery plus on firestick
After clear caching launch the discovery plus app and check if the crashing issue is fixed or not.
Update discovery+ application
This solution is for those who use discovery plus on their device like Roku, Smart TV, Firestick, Android, IOS, or any other device. You need to check if there is any update available for the discovery plus app on your device and then install it.
To check for the update, open the play store and search for the discovery plus app. Now if any update is available then install it on your device. If you’re using the discovery plus on smart tv or streaming sticks like firestick or Roku, then update the discovery plus app.
After updating the discovery plus app, check if the crashing problem is resolved or not.
Reinstall the discovery plus application
If none of the above solutions work for you fix discovery plus crashing issues. Then the discovery plus users should try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on their devices.
Just uninstall the app and restart your device. Once the device restarts install the latest version of the discovery plus app. Now after reinstalling the app, check if the crashing issue is fixed or not.
Sign out and sign in again discovery plus account
Some people on the community pages recommended that sign in out and then sign in back to the discovery plus account fixed the crashing issue for them.
- First, go to the account section on your discovery plus and sign out.
- Select manage device.
- Choose all the devices you want to sign out.
- Now sign in to your account.
Check if the issue discovery plus pausing, and crashing issue is fixed.
Contact the Discovery Plus team
If the discovery plus is still crashing, then get help from the discovery plus team. They can help in understanding why discovery plus is crashing on your device and how you can fix it.
More helpful guides:
How to fix hbo max crashing issue
Fix discovery plus not working