Cydia impactor is the most popular software used to install the app on their ios device which is not available on the app store. This helps users to get the apps that are not available on the app store. But many people have posted that they are facing the error code 81 using Cydia impactor. This is a known error to us and we’ll explain how you can fix the Cydia impactor error 81. The error you’ll get is
The ‘Network Extensions’ feature is only available to users enrolled in Apple Developer Program. Please visit
https://developer.apple.com/programs/ to enroll.
A most effective way to fix Cydia Impactor error 81
You’ll get the error code 81 when you try to install an IPA file, but you don’t have permission to install it on your IOS device. You can fix this issue by revoking the certificates for the IPA file that you’re about to install on your device. To revoke certificates follow the steps below.
- Open Cydia impactor and try to install the IPA file you’ll get the error 81. Now click on ok.
- Now click on the Xcode option.
- Click on revoke certificates from the drop-down options.
- Enter your login credentials and click on ok
- Now you’ll get a notification about how many certificates are revoked, click on ok.
- Try installing the IPA you’re trying to install.
After following these steps you’ll not get the Cydia impactor error code 81 on your device.
Tips: If your certificates are active you’ll have to wait for 7 days.
Update or Get the Latest Cydia Impactor
Some users were able to fix the issue after updating their Cydia impactor to the latest version. If you’re using an older version of Cydia update it to the latest version. For updates, you can download the latest version of Cydia from the Cydia website. Or you can follow the steps below
- Open Cydia and click on the impactor option.
- Now from the drop-down menu click on check for updates.
- If you find an update, then update your Cydia to the latest version.
Tips: Disable 2-factor authentication as it can sometimes cause an error to software like Cydia.
Related: How to Take a Screenshot on iPad
Try install package instead of dragging the IPA file to Cydia
Some users are getting Cydia impactor error 81 when the drag their IPA file to Cydia. You can try using the install package option in the Cydia which can sometimes fix the error 81 on Cydia impactor.
- Open Cydia impactor and click on the device option
- Now from the drop-down options click on the install package option.
- Now locate the Ipa file on your device storage and click on ok.
This can fix the Cydia error code 81 on your device.
Tips: Try using the Cydia impactor without “run as administrator”. It can help you to drag files to Cydia for installation.
Make new app-specific password Cydia impactor error 81
You can fix the Cydia impactor error code 81 by creating a new password for Cydia. To create an app-specific password follow the steps below
- Go to https://appleid.apple.com/Login to your account.
- Scroll to the security section and click on the edit button.
- If you already have an app-specific password, delete the old password, and create a new app-specific password.
- Add the name of the app and create a new password for this app.
- Now open Cydia and try to install the IPA file. Now you’ve to enter the new app-specific password to install IPA using Cydia impactor.
Sometimes creating a fresh app-specific password can fix the Cydia impactor error 81 on your device.
Note: If none of the steps worked for you, try creating a new apple id then you can use Cydia to sideload the app on your device. If you face an issue with the new apple id, just revoke certificates from the above steps to fix Cydia impactor error 81.
Conclusion: Most of the user will be able to fix the cydia impactor error 81 by revoking the certificates. You can also try updating the software or disabling 2fa to fix error 81 on cydia impactor.
Also check our post on how to fix voicemail error com.apple.mobilephone error 1035 on your iPhone.