Every pc gamer on this planet is familiar with discord. Discord is a nice platform to communicate and chat with other gamers connecting. But while establishing a connection users are nowadays getting discord awaiting endpoint. If you’re getting this issue then don’t worry as this is an old issue, we have a couple of solution that will fix the discord awaiting endpoint error.
What does awaiting endpoint mean on discord?
Users face discord awaiting endpoint when they try to establish a connection with other users on discord. This is mostly because of the connection issue and the issue at discord servers. Yes, you’ll also get this issue if the discord server is down or not working. It can also occur if your internet connection is not working properly. If you’re getting awaiting endpoint error then you can follow the troubleshooting steps below to fix it.
Fix Awaiting Endpoint Error on Discord
Change Server Location:
If the selected server is down or not working then you can get an awaiting endpoint error on discord. In this scenario, you can change your server location to eliminate this issue. To change the server location follow the steps below.
- Open discord.
- Now click on the server from the left side.
- Now click on the downward arrow next to your server name and click on server settings.
- Here on the overview page click on change next to server region.
- Now select and server and check if this fixes the discord awaiting endpoint issue on your system.
Note: Discord says the server location doesn’t matter where it is close to you or far from your location. The server will work properly regardless of their and your location.
Related: Fix Discord Keeps Crashing
Fix your internet connection
Sometimes your internet connection can cause the awaiting endpoint error on discord. To fix the connection issue follow the steps below
- Check your internet connection: Make sure you check that your internet connection is working properly. Try restarting your router to see if this fixes the error on discord. If the internet connection is working then follow the other solution below.
- Flush DNS: Flushing DNS worked for many users, you can follow the steps below to flush DNS on your pc.
- First of all, you need to close discord completely. Close discord now clicks on the upward arrow from the bottom left side of the screen.
- Now right click on the discord icon and click on “Quit discord”.
- Press Windows key and type cmd.
- Right-click on the command prompt and click on run as administrator.
- Now type ipconfig/flushdns and hit enter.
After flushing the DNS cache discord awaiting endpoint will be fixed on your pc. If you found any other way to fix this issue do let us know from the comment box and also check how to fix discord rtc connecting no route error.