You can face audio renderer error when you try to stream youtube or play videos or audio on any other website. Due to this error, you won’t be able to play audio on your laptop or desktop. The common reasons for this error are an update in the system, a misconfigured audio system, a newly attached audio device, or an error in bios. Below are the reasons which can cause audio renderer error and how you can fix this error on your pc.
Why do I keep getting audio renderer error?
Below are some of the reasons which can cause audio renderer error please restart your pc.
- Bug in bios: If there is a bug in your pc bios then you can face an audio renderer error. This mostly occurs on a dell laptop or pc.
- Audio drive issue: You can also face this issue if the audio drivers on your pc are outdated. You can fix this issue with a driver update.
- ASIO driver conflict with windows audio driver: Many users reported that they faced this issue because both windows and ASIO drivers working at the same time.
How do I fix the audio renderer error please restart my computer YouTube?
Restart your pc:
As the error suggests please restart or reboot your pc. Sometimes this error is simply fixed by a restart of your pc. Restart or reboot of your pc will fix any temporary bug or glitch which is causing the audio renderer error on your pc. Restart your pc and use it for some time to check if the audio renderer error is fixed on your pc. If this fix doesn’t work for you then follow the other troubleshooting steps in the post to fix the audio renderer error on your pc.
Unplug Earphone, Headphone, or External Speaker
Many people reported that they faced this issue while using earphones, headphones, or external speakers on their facing. If you’re facing an audio renderer error after plugging in an external audio device (earphone, headphone, or external speaker), then try unplugging it to see if that fixes the issue. If you’re able to fix the audio renderer error after unplugging the earphone etc. then you can use the inbuilt speaker on your pc. You can also unplug earphones from your pc to fix audio renderer error while streaming YouTube videos.
Run Windows Audio Troubleshooter
You can use the inbuilt windows, audio troubleshooter, to find and fix the problem which is causing audio renderer error on your PC. The audio troubleshooter will find the common audio error known by windows on your pc and will provide you with some solutions.
- Press the Windows + I button on your keyboard to open windows settings.
- Now click on the update and security option.
- Click on the troubleshoot option from the left side options
- Click on the additional troubleshooters’ option.
- Now click on playing audio and click on run the troubleshooter option.
- Select the device on which you’re facing an audio renderer error and click on next.
- Now windows will scan the device for the issue and provide you with solutions. If no solution found that then windows will ask you to tweak sound and enhancement settings.
After running an audio troubleshooter check if that fixes the audio renderer error please restart your pc.
Also check: This video cannot be played error code 224003
Disable and Enable audio device
Sometimes you can audio renderer error due to a temporary glitch in your PC’s audio device. To fix this you can disable your PC’s audio device from the device manager and re-enable it to fix the audio renderer error. Follow the steps below to re-enable the audio device on your pc.
- Press Windows + x buttons and from the option click on device manager.
- From the list click on audio inputs and outputs.
- Now right click on the audio driver and click on the disable device option
- Wait for sometimes and right-click on the audio driver and click on enable device.
After restarting your PC’s audio driver reboot your pc and check if the audio renderer error is fixed on your pc.
Update and Roll-back Driver
Sometimes an outdated version of your audio driver can cause the audio renderer error while watching videos on youtube or playing any audio on your pc. To fix this issue you can simply update the audio driver on your pc by following steps.
How do I update my audio drivers Windows 11?
- Right-click on the Windows icon from the bottom left side of the screen and click on the device manager.
- Now click on the audio inputs and outputs from the list.
- Now right-click on your PC’s audio driver and click on update driver.
- Windows will automatically search and update the latest version of the driver on your pc.
Now check if the audio renderer error is fixed on your PC. You can also try installing the audio driver from the manufacturer’s website.
How do I reset my audio renderer?
You can fix the audio renderer error on your computer by rolling back the audio driver update. To do so, below are the steps that’ll guide and help you in resolving the error.
Rollback audio driver update
Sometimes one can audio renderer error after a recent update of the audio driver on your PC. In this scenario you can roll back the driver update by following the steps below:
- Open device manager by following the steps above.
- Click on audio input and output.
- Right-click on the audio driver and click on properties.
- Now click on the driver tab and click on the rollback driver option.
After rolling back the driver update check if the audio renderer error is resolved on your pc.
Restart Windows Audio Service
Restarting the windows audio service on your pc can fix the audio renderer error. You can follow the steps below to restart the audio service on your pc.
- Right-click on the taskbar and click on task manager.
- Now click on the services tab
- Now search and right-click on Audiosrv from the list.
- Click on the restart option.
After restarting check if the audio renderer error is fixed on your PC.
Fix Audio Renderer On ASIO Driver
If the audio sample rate of ASIO driver and windows sound is not the same then you can face the audio renderer issue on your pc. Now to fix this issue follow the steps below:
- Right click on the sound icon from the bottom left side of the screen and click on the sounds option.
- Go to the playback tab and click on the current audio device.
- Now click on the properties option.
- Click on the advanced tab and in the default format choose any sample rate you want to choose.
- Click on apply and then ok.
- Now open the ASIO driver settings on your pc.
- Click on the audio tab and in the sample rate choose the same sample rate as the windows sound default format you set in the 4th step.
Restart your and pc and after changing these setting audio renderer error please restart your computer is fixed on your pc.
Also check: Video scheduler internal error
Update your BIOS (For Dell Laptop and Computer)
Some dell laptop users have confirmed that they were able to fix the audio renderer error on their dell laptop by updating the BIOS. A bug in your pc bios can cause the audio renderer issue on your PC. To update the BIOS on your dell laptop follow the steps mentioned here on the dell official page. After updating the bios audio renderer error will be fixed on your dell laptop.
How do I fix the audio renderer error on my mac?
Are you encountering the audio renderer error on your Mac device? To get rid of this error, try clearing the cache and cookies of the browser on your mac. Clearing the cache and cookies of the browser cleans the corrupted data of the site and will resolve the audio renderer error on YouTube or another app you’re facing.
If this doesn’t fix the issue, try reinstalling the browser. And, if you’re still encountering the error, try reinstalling the audio driver on your Mac device and check if this resolves the error.
Were you able to fix this issue on your PC then let us know from the comment box and also check how to fix Smartcast tv not available