When you watch amazon prime video on LG TV then you have an extra advantage, because amazon prime video on LG TV has extra features. Some LG TV comes with a feature called filmmaker mode that processes the image in a way that it looks more clear and sharper on LG TVs. But recently many users are complaining that they are unable to stream prime video on their LG smart TVs. In this post, we’re going to explain prime video is not working on LG smart TVs and how you can fix this.
Why is My Amazon Prime Video Not Working on My LG TV?
You can face issues in streaming prime video on your LG smart tv due to reasons that we’ve mentioned below
- Slow internet connection: Make sure you’ve sufficient internet speed for streaming prime video content.
- Outdated software: Outdated firmware can also cause issues while streaming amazon prime video on your LG tv.
- Prime video Outage: You can face issues when prime video servers are facing issues in your region.
- A temporary glitch/ incorrect setting: You can also face issues due to a temporary bug or technical glitch.
Fix Prime Video Not Working on LG Smart TV
Check your internet connection
A good internet connection plays a crucial role in any streaming platform. If you’re not able to stream prime video on your LG tv, then the first thing you should do is to check your internet speed. If your internet speed is slow then you can face issues in streaming prime video on your LG tv. You can try the following tips for improving your internet speed.
- First, check your internet connection is working or not by playing youtube videos on your LG tv. If working then use a browser to check your internet speed at speedtest. If the internet speed is slow, then you can try the below fixes.
- Reboot your wifi router, unplug it for 5 minutes then plug it back in. Try streaming prime video and check if the issue is resolved or not.
- Try moving your router closer to your LG smart tv.
- You can use an ethernet connection for improving your internet speed.
- If none of the steps worked, then get in touch with your internet service provider.
Note: You cannot stream prime video during an outage. If you don’t know how to check whether prime video itself is having server issues in your region, then visit downdetector. Here you’ll get the information about prime video outages, you can also report your issues on this website.
Power Cycle Your LG Smart TV
The power cycle can help you in eliminating any temporary technical glitch. To power cycle, your LG smart tv and wifi router follow the steps below.
- First, turn off your LG smart tv.
- Now unplug your LG tv and wifi router from the power outlet.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now plug in your LG tv and wifi router.
- Connect your LG tv to your wifi.
Launch prime video and check if you’re still facing issues in streaming prime video on LG tv or not.
Related: Fix prime video not loading
Update Your LG TV Firmware
If power cycling your LG tv didn’t help, then try updating your LG tv firmware. Because an outdated device software/firmware can cause a lot of issues for apps. You can face issues in using prime video due to incompatibility. To resolve this issue try updating your LG tv firmware by following the steps below.
- Press setting on your LG tv remote.
- Select all settings options.
- Go to general and select about this tv option.
- Click on check for updates.
- Now download and install the latest firmware on your LG tv.
- Now restart your LG smart tv.
Check if the prime video issues on LG tv are resolved or not. If not then try reinstalling prime video on your LG tv.
Reinstall The App
If you’re unable to stream prime video on your LG tv, then reinstalling the prime video app can help. Doing this will delete the prime video cache from your LG tv. This can help you in fixing prime video not working on LG smart tv.
- Just press the home button on your remote to bring the launcher bar
- Click on the more apps icon from the bottom right side of the screen.
- Select the amazon prime app and click on the x symbol and then select remove to uninstall it.
- Press the home button on your LG tv remote.
- Now scroll to the right side and select LG content store.
- Select the apps option.
- Search for prime video with the help of the search option (magnifying glass).
- Now click install for installing prime video on your LG tv.
Related: Fix prime video crashing issue
Check Your Location Service
Setting the location on your LG tv setting is very important. As sometimes a wrong location can cause issues in streaming prime video on your LG tv. This happens due to license and contacts. So to avoid this issue you can set your location correctly by following the steps below.
- On your LG tv remote press the settings button.
- Now select all settings options.
- Select the general option.
- Now select the location option.
- Select LG services country.
- Uncheck set automatically and manually enter your correct location.
- After selecting your correct location press yes to confirm.
- Reboot and agree to LG’s user agreement to finish changes.
After changing your location, check if you’re able to stream prime video on your LG tv or not.
Update The Prime Video Application
If you’ve not updated the LG tv prime video application, then you can face some issues while streaming content on amazon prime video. To update the prime video on your LG tv follow the steps below.
- Head to the LG content store and click on apps.
- Select all and then go to my apps.
- Select the amazon app.
- Click on the app and select update.
After updating the amazon app restart your LG TV and play any video on amazon, now it should work without any issues.
Reset LG TV To Initial Settings
If none of the steps helped you in fixing prime video not working on LG tv, then you can try resetting your LG tv to factory default settings. Note you will lose all downloaded content and all custom settings after reset.
- Press the home button on the LG TV remote.
- Click on the settings icon on the top right corner.
- Go to general> reset to initial settings.
- If asked to enter your password the default password is 1234.
- Now follow the on-screen instruction to reset your LG TV.
When your reset process is completed install prime video and logs in to your account. Now you’ll be able to stream movies, shows using prime video on your LG smart tv.
If you’re still unable to stream amazon prime video on your LG smart tv. Then contact the amazon team for help, tell them about the problem you’re facing. They can help you in fixing prime video not working on LG smart tv. You can also contact the LG team for help. If this post helped you then don’t forget to check what to do when prime video is not working on firestick.