Watching movies on your Amazon firestick can be enjoyable. However, if your Firestick is connected to a 4K TV, the screen might be far too big or small for the experience you want. This blog will show you how to change the text size, icon size, and screen size on your Amazon firesticks.
Encountering a tiny home screen issue on your Fire TV? One of my mates also encountered this issue earlier; we searched for fixes, but we couldn’t find one. But, we managed to resolve it by following some basic steps. In today’s post, we’ll also explain how you can fix your firetv tiny home screen issue.
Firestick Font Too Small
If your firestick fonts are too small, try this step. Maybe your screen magnifier is set incorrectly.
- Press the Menu + Fast Forward button given on your remote. Doing so will Zoom in your FireTv screen.
Check if this brings your Firestick fonts to the default size.
Firestick Icon Too Small
Icons get too small; it can be your Screen Magnifier that makes your screen zoom out. So, to fix this,
- Press the Menu + Forward button on your remote. Now, your icon size will be back to the default size.
How Do I Make the Apps Icon Bigger on My Fire TV?
Here’s the trick. All you need to do is, use the Screen Magnifier feature. To do so, follow the steps as instructed;
- Press and hold the Back and Fast Forward buttons at the same time given on your remote.
- Press and hold the Menu and Play/Pause buttons to turn on the Zoom feature.
- Now, you can zoom in or out the screen by pressing and holding the Menu button and Fast Forward or Rewind buttons.
Fire Stick Picture Not Fitting The Screen
To fix this, try to calibrate your FireTv Display. To do so, follow the instructed steps;
- Press and hold the Menu button until the Settings page appears.
- Now, locate the Display & Sounds option.
- After that, select Display> Calibrate Display, then press the Up and Down buttons to adjust your screen.
- Lastly, select Accept to confirm the changes.
How to Fix a Fire TV Issue Causing Tiny Icons and a Zoomed Out Home Screen?
It may be a temporary software bug or glitch causing the tiny icons, and a zoomed out home screen on your FireTv. Many affected users claimed that they managed to fix this issue by performing a reboot on their firetv. To do so;
- Head to the FireTv Settings.
- Then, navigate to My FireTV and press the Restart.
- After that, your FireTv will be rebooted. Now, your icons and the home screen will be in default size.
If this doesn’t fix the issue, try to Hard reset your Tv.
Hard Reset Your TV
Simple Restart fails to do the job; try to Hard reset your TV. To perform a Hard reset,
- Unplug your Tv’s power cable from the wall outlet. Also, disconnect the FireTV from the TV’s port.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Now, plug your TV’s cable back into the wall outlet and put the FireTv into the TV’s port.
- Lastly, turn on your TV and check if this resolves the issue or not.
Tip: Some users claimed that pressing the Select and Play buttons simultaneously does the job for them. Try and if this works, let us know in the comments.
How to Turn Off Text Banner on Firestick
A text banner is a feature introduced for customers with a narrow field of vision. If you’ve mistakenly turned on the Text Banner on your Firestick, here’s how you can disable it.
- Press and Hold the Rewind and Fast Forward button (given on your remote) simultaneously.
- Now, the text banner feature will be turned off.
Also check: How to fix firestick download queued problem
How to Factory Reset Amazon Fire Stick
If your icon and text are still too big and small on your firestick, then you can try resetting your amazon firestick to factory settings. Resetting your amazon firestick can help you in fixing zoomed in issue on your device.
- On your firestick or fire tv remote.
- Press and hold the back button and right button of circular navigational button.
- Now select continue to factory reset your firestick.
Once the reset is complete, now the icon too big issue will be resolved on your firestick or fire tv.
If the issue persists, then you can contact the amazon team. They can help you in fixing firestick icons too big or small problem. If this post helped you then check what to do when firestick keeps disconnecting from wifi.