Recently updated on September 18th, 2022 at 10:19 am
Is your firestick stuck on downloading or installing the latest update screen? Don’t worry we faced the same issue with our firestick. Fortunately, this is a software bug and we can easily fix this problem with a restart or by resetting our/your firestick. Some users have reported that their say download/installing software, then it reboots and shows the same screen again and again. In this post, we’re going to explain how you can fix firesticks stuck at downloading the latest software, finishing updates, and installing updates.
How to Fix Firestick stuck at downloading the latest software?
Below we’ve mentioned some steps that worked for us in fixing firesticks by downloading the latest software update loop.
Restart Your Firestick
The first thing you can do for fixing this issue is to restart your firestick. This can help in clearing the cache and after that, you’ll be able to fix this issue.
- Unplug your firestick from the tv.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now, plugin your firestick.
If you’re powering your firestick with the adapter then.
- Unplug the firestick from the tv.
- Now unplug the adapter and remove the power cable from the firestick.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now, plugin your firestick and turn it on.
After performing the steps check if firestick can pass the downloading software update screen or not.
Fix Your Internet Connection
If the issue persists, then first you need to check your internet connection. To check your internet connection visit speedtest.net. Now check if the internet is working or not. If your internet is slow, then you can get stuck on the firestick downloading software update, and finishing updates screen. To fix this problem you can follow the steps below.
- Move your firestick closer to the router or vice-versa. Now check if the internet connection is improved or not. If the connection is still slow then power cycle your router by following the steps below.
- Unplug your router from the power outlet.
- Now unplug your firestick also.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn on your router and firestick.
- Connect your firestick to the router and check if you’re able to download the pending software update or not.
If your internet connection is still weak or not working. Then contact your internet service provider for help. After resolving your internet connection you’ll be able to download the pending software update.
Tips: You can get stuck on firestick downloading software updates, and finishing the update screen during an outage. To check this you can visit the social media page of firestick or visit downdetector. If the firestick or amazon is facing a server issue, then wait for some time. Once the issue is resolved you’ll be able to download and complete pending firestick updates.
Use Another HDMI Port
In some cases, you can easily resolve the firestick frozen on the software update screen by plugging the firestick into another tv port. This can happen if the tv port is unable to provide enough power or if the port is damaged. In such a case remove the firestick from the current tv port and plug it into another tv port. Now check if you’re able to complete the firestick software download. If you’re using an extender, then remove the extender and plugin your firestick directly into the tv. Now check if the issue is resolved. If you’re using a third-party adapter, then try the original adapter for powering your firestick. This can help you in fixing the firestick stuck on downloading the software update.
Reset Your Fire Stick
If your firestick is still stuck on downloading software update screen, then you can reset your firestick. To reset your firestick you can use your remote. To reset your firestick follow the steps below.
- On your firestick remote press and hold back and right button for 10-15 seconds.
- Now select continue to factory reset your firestick.
- After the factory reset you’ll be able to use your firestick.
If this doesn’t work then try another method that worked for many users.
- Press and hold the back and menu button for 10 seconds.
Now follow the on-screen instructions, once the process is complete check if you’re able to get past the downloading software screen.
How to Fix Firestick Stuck on Finishing Update
Below we’ve mentioned some steps for fixing the firestick stuck on the finishing update.
- Restart– First of all try restarting your firestick. After restarting your firestick check if the issue is resolved or not.
- Check your internet connection– check if the internet connection is working or not. If not then follow the steps mentioned above in this post for resolving the connectivity issue. After fixing the internet issue you’ll be able to fix the firestick stuck on finishing the update.
- Free up some storage: Firestick needs at least 500 MB to download and update your firestick. Go to settings and select my fire tv option. Now open about and select the storage option, if the memory is full then you need to uninstall some unnecessary apps. Go to firestick settings and uninstall some apps. Now again check if the issue is resolved or not.
- Factory reset: If nothing works then factory reset your firestick by following the steps above.
Contact the Amazon Firestick Team
If your firestick is still stuck on downloading software updates or finishing updates, then you can contact the amazon team for help. The amazon team can help you in fixing this problem.
More Helpful Guides: