Recently updated on December 29th, 2022 at 07:03 am
Recently I purchased a firestick for one of my family members. After setup, I tried downloading some apps on that firestick. But after hitting the download button, all the apps were showing queued. The apps were not downloading on the firestick. To fix this issue, I did some research and found a couple of fixes that can help anyone who’s facing apps queued for downloading issue on their firestick.
Why Does My Download Say Queued?
We’ve mentioned some reasons that can stop your firestick from downloading apps.
- Too many apps on download: You can get stuck on queued messages, If you’re trying to download too many apps at one time.
- Slow internet connection: A slow internet connection can also cause issues while downloading an app on firestick.
- A temporary bug: sometimes a temporary bug can also cause this issue.
How Do I Clear The App Queued On My Fire Stick?
You can fix the firstick download queued problem by power cycling your firestick, stopping and restarting the download, get the apps from amazon website, clear firestick app store cache and data. Below I’ve shared a complete guide to fix firestick apps dwonload queued issue.
Power Cycle Your Firestick
A power cycle is one of the best methods to fix firestick app download stuck on queued. Doing a power cycle will fix any temporary glitches causing the issue. Follow the steps below to power cycle your device.
- First, turn off your firestick and tv.
- Now unplug your firestick and router from the power outlet.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now plug in your router and firestick and turn them on.
- Connect your firestick to your wifi.
Now start your download again and check if the firestick app download stuck on queued is fixed or not.
Get Apps From Amazon Website
If you’re still facing app stuck on download queued then sending apps to your firestick with the help of the amazon website can fix the issue. Follow the steps below to download apps on firestick with the help of the Amazon website.
Note: Make sure you’re logged into the same amazon account on a desktop or mobile browser which you used to activate your firestick.
- First of all, cancel all the downloads that are saying queued.
- Restart your amazon firestick
- Go to the Amazon website and log in to your account which is linked to your firestick.
- Now search for the app that you want to install on your firestick.
- Select the app that you want to install on your firestick
- From the right side of the screen select your device and hit deliver button.
Now the selected app will be downloaded and installed on your firestick device within a couple of minutes.
Related: Fix vizio tv black screen of death
Check Your Internet Connection
If the apps are still not installed on your firestick, then check for connectivity issues. A slow or bad internet connection can stop the apps from installing on your firestick. You can face firestick stuck on queued due to slow internet speed. To check your internet speed you can visit speedtest.net. Here you can check the speed of your internet connection. If the internet is slow, then try moving your router closer and higher to your firestick. Try rebooting your firestick and router and check if that fixes the issue or not. If your internet speed is not improving or not working at all, then we’ll suggest you get in touch with your internet service provider for help. They can help in fixing the internet connectivity issue. After fixing the internet issue, try downloading the apps on your firestick and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Clear Appstore Cache and Data
You can also face downloading queued issues on your firestick due to cache and data. If you’ve not cleared the cache and data of Appstore on your firestick, then clearing this data and cache can help in fixing this issue.
- Go to the home screen on your firestick.
- Now select the settings option.
- Go to application.
- Now select manage installed application.
- Select Appstore from the list.
- First select force stop.
- Now clear cache and data of Appstore.
- Restart your firestick
Now try downloading the apps you were facing issues with.
Firestick App Stuck on Installing Fixed
Sometimes while downloading a app on your firestick, we experienced that apps were stuck on installing message. Due to this we were not able to download or install any other because the previous app was still stuck on installing. This is a issue caused mainly due to firestick app store cache. To fix this firestick app stuck on installing problem you can fire try power cycling your firestick. Remove the firestick from the tv and also from the power outlet for 5-10 minutes. Now plug in and try installing the app again and see if the issue is resolved or not. If not then try clearing the firestick Appstore cache and data by following the steps above. After clearing the app store cache and data the app installing stuck issue will be resolved.
Related: Fix prime video not working on firestick
Update Your Firestick Software
Amazon says that updating your firestick firmware can help you in fixing queued issues while installing apps on your firestick. To update your firestick to its latest version follow the steps below.
- Select the settings (gear) icon from the home screen on your firestick.
- Select my firetv option.
- Now go to the about option and select update.
- Select check for updates.
- Now install the latest version of firestick firmware on your device.
After updating your firestick firmware, restart your device. Now try downloading the apps on your firestick again and check if the issue is fixed or not.
Reset Firestick to Factory Settings
If none of the fixes above helped you, then try resetting your firestick to its factory default settings. You’ll lose downloads and custom settings after reset.
- Go to the settings option.
- Select my firetv option.
- Scroll down and select reset to factory defaults.
- Confirm the reset.
After resetting your firestick try downloading the apps again. Now you’ll not face apps stuck queued on your firestick.
If your firestick is still saying queued while installing new apps, then try getting in touch with Amazon. Amazon’s device support team can help in fixing or replacing your firestick. After fixing or replacement you’ll be able to install apps on your firestick without any issues.
More Helpful Guides
Firestick stuck on loading screen
Fix Firestick stuck on downloading latest firmware, finishing updates