Nowadays many Disney+ users are facing the error code 41 when they try to stream their favorite shows. Disney plus error code 41 means that the content you’re trying to access is either not available due to removal or content right issue or due to a technical glitch. Technical glitch means when there is a lot of load on the server. This happens when a lot of users try to watch the same show like the Mandalorian or vandavision and you’ll most likely get this error code 41 on falcon and winter soldier too. Due to so much load on the server, the content becomes unavailable for some time and you’ll get error code 41. There nothing you can do in this situation you can contact Disney + and ask them if this is the case. Sometimes you can also get error code 41 due to a connectivity issue, an older or expired link, or because of an outdated app. We’ve gathered some of the working steps below that can help you in fixing the error code 41 on Disney plus.
Check for Disney plus server outage
If the servers of Disney plus not working properly then you can face this issue. To check the status of Disney plus servers you can visit downdetector and isitdownrightnow. If the servers are having then wait for some time or try contacting Disney plus team for help with this issue. You can wait for some time and check back again if the error code 41 is fixed.
Check internet connection/speed to Fix error code 41 on Disney Plus
A slow internet connection can cause errors in any streaming service. For Disney plus you need 5 Mbps to watch regular quality videos and 25.0 Mbps to watch 4k UHD content on Disney plus. Try opening other browser tab check internet connection speed on speedtest.net or fast.com. If you’re getting low internet speed then you can try some steps below to improve it.
- Move your wifi router closer to the streaming device.
- Make sure your wifi is placed above the streaming device to improve signal strength
- Try disconnecting all the devices except the device on which you’re trying to stream.
- Try connecting your streaming device to the router with the help of an ethernet cable. This will improve and stabilize the internet connection and speed.
After trying these steps check if the Disney + error code 41 is fixed. If the connection is still slow then contact your internet service provider for help in improving your internet speed.
Also check : How to fix amazon prime video error code 1060
Reset your network connection/ Power Cycle
A reset and power cycle of your router can help you in fixing the Disney plus error code 41 on your device. To power cycle your tv and reset your modem follow the steps mentioned below.
- Turn off your tv.
- Now find the reset button on the back of your router.
- Press the reset button with the help of a pin or paperclip. Press and hold the reset button for 30 second to reset your router.
- Wait while your router restart.
- Now turn on your smart tv or streaming device and connect it with your router.
After performing these steps check if the error code 41 is fixed on Disney plus.
Disable ipv6 in router settings
Many Disney plus users can fix error code 41 by turning off the ipv6 in their router settings. For this you need to login into your router then you’ll be able to disable your ipv6 on your router.
- Enter the login address you can find this address on the backside of your router. An example of a login address is 192.168.1.1 yours might be different than this.
- Enter and search the IP address mentioned on the back of your router in a browser.
- Now enter the login id and password you can find on the back of your router.
- Now click on the Settings option.
- Select advanced settings.
- Now look for ipv6 and click on it.
- Now turn off or disable the ipv6 connection and save it.
After disabling ipv6 turn off your router for 10 minutes and turn it on. Now connect your device to wifi and try streaming Disney plus. After disabling ipv6 error code 41 will be fixed on your device. If you’re unable to turn off ipv6 you can connect your isp for help in disabling the ipv6 connection.
Sign out and sign in again of Disney Plus
Many users were able to fix error code 41 by a simply re-login into their account. You can follow the steps below to fix this issue.
- Visit the website disneyplus.com in your browser.
- Click on your profile avatar in the upper right corner and click the logout option
- Select log out of all Devices.
- Enter your password to confirm.
Now click on your profile and log in by your credentials and browse and select the show or movie you want to watch
- Open Disney plus app on your phone.
- Tap on the profile icon in the bottom right corner of the lower menu.
- Select log out to log out from this device.
- You can also select log out from all devices.
- Enter your password to confirm log out.
Now login to your Disney plus account again and check if the error code 41 is fixed or not.
Also check : How to fix roku error code 016
Tweak profile settings to fix Disney error 41
If you’re still getting the error code 41 on your Disney plus. Then you can make changes to your profile settings. This will most likely work on a smart tv or streaming stick like roku, firestick, and Samsung smart tv. To make changes follow the steps below.
- Go to your profile.
- Now select your profile and select edit profile.
- Now make sure that the background video is turned off.
- After turning it off check if you’re getting the error 41 on your device or not.
Another way to fix this issue if you don’t have the background video option in your profile settings is to create a new profile. After creating a new profile try using that profile and you’ll most likely not get the error code 41 on Disney +.
Uninstall and reinstall your Disney + app
Sometimes cache of the app gets corrupted and leads to a lot of unknown errors on apps. To fix this you can reinstall the Disney plus app on your device. Remove the app from your phone, computer, or smart tv. Now reinstall it on your device again and check if the Disney + error 41 is resolved.
Contact Disney plus
If the above steps didn’t work for your device then you need to contact Disney. You can contact Disney plus from here and explain to them the problem you’re having. The team of Disney can help you resolving the Disney + error code 41.
Conclusion: Disney plus error code 41 is a server related issue which occurs when a lot of users try to stream or download same content at same time. You can check back again after some time to see if the error code 41 is resolved. If not follow the steps above to fix Disney plus error 41 on your device.
If you’ve any suggestion regarding this post let us know from the comment box and don’t forget to check how to fix vudu error code 28