While streaming shows or movies, the black screen is a common issue faced by many users across all streaming networks. Disney Plus is no exception, users on Disney plus have also reported that they are sometimes facing a black screen while streaming content. As a Disney plus user myself, I did some research and found some reasons for Disney plus black screen issue. We have also done some research on how you can fix Disney plus black/blank screen problems on your smart tv or smartphones.
Why is My Disney Plus Just a Black Screen?
You can face a black screen on Disney plus due to any reason. Below we’ve mentioned some reasons that can cause Disney plus black screen or a blank screen.
- Cache and data: Corrupted cache and data can cause a black screen issue while using Disney plus.
- Temporary bug: Sometimes a simple glitch can cause black screen problem while using an app.
- Outage: You won’t see anything on your screen due to a server outage.
- Outdated software: Outdated firmware of your device and app can cause compatibility issues that can result in black screen problems.
How Do I Fix Disney Plus Dark Screen?
Troubleshooting a black screen issue with an app is easy if you know what to do. Below we’ve mentioned some steps that can help you in fixing Disney plus black screen or blank screen issue.
Check For Disney Plus Outage
Server problems are one of the main causes that plague many streaming services. Once in a while Disney plus also faces server outage problems. This server outage can cause black or blank screen issues on your device or in your area. To check for server issues related to Disney plus, you can visit the downdetector. Here you can get the live updates related to Disney plus server outage. If Disney plus is facing server issues, then wait for some time. Once the issue is fixed you’ll be able to Disney plus on your device without any issue.
Power Cycle Your Devices (Smart TV and Network Devices)
Temporary bugs can cause a lot of issues on your smart tv. It can create a temporary network glitch or app compatibility issue. But a power cycle can easily fix such problems on your device. To fix Disney plus black screen issue you can try the power cycle of your devices by following the steps below.
- Turn off your smart tv and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Now unplug your router from the power.
- Press and hold the power button on your smart tv for 20 seconds.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Now plug in your router and tv.
- Turn on your smart tv and connect it to the wifi.
Once the connection is established, launch Disney plus and check if the black screen issue is fixed or not on your Disney plus app.
Also check: Fix disney plus stuck in spanish
Reinstall The Disney Plus App On Your Streaming Device
Reinstallation of an app can help you in scenarios like Disney plus black or a blank screen. If you’re still stuck on the black screen of the Disney plus app on your streaming device then follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- Delete the app from your streaming device (smartphone/smart tv/pc).
- Now reboot your device.
- Go to the application store and install the latest version of the Disney plus app on your device.
- Login to Disney plus app.
Now launch Disney plus and check if the black screen issue is resolved or not.
Relaunch Disney Plus App
Sometimes a simple restart of the Disney plus app can do the magic that you want. This will clear the temporary cache stored on your RAM, which can fix the Disney plus blank screen problem.
- Close the Disney plus app permanently by pressing the back button on your device.
- Now launch the Disney plus app.
Now check if you’re able to stream Disney plus app without a black screen problem or not.
Tips: Try closing other apps that are running in the background on your system. After closing the apps launch Disney plus and check if the black screen issue is fixed or not.
Also check: Disney plus error code 41 fixed
Update Your Device and Device Plus App
Outdated device firmware and applications can create a mess. To save yourself from the problem, make sure that the device firmware is up to date. To check this go to your device settings and open the about section. Now make sure that the device is running on the latest software. If not then first update your device firmware. After updating your device also update the Disney plus app. Now reboot your streaming device and launch Disney plus app. Check if the black screen issue is resolved or not.
Logout From Other Devices
Sometimes logging into too many devices at once can cause issues. This can cause issues like black screen, crashing, lagging, loading and buffering issues. Logging out of unnecessary devices can help you in resolving this black screen issue. But first, let’s try re-login to your account, and if that doesn’t work then try logging out of other devices.
- Launch Disney plus.
- Select your profile icon.
- Now select log out.
- Reboot your device.
- Login to your account.
If re-login didn’t work, then try logging out of all the other devices.
- On your browser go to Disney plus website and log in if asked.
- Click on your avatar and select the account option.
- Select log out of all devices.
- Now login to the device where you want to stream Disney plus.
Now check if the black screen issue is fixed or not on your Disney plus app.
Check For Internet Issue
A slow or weak internet connection can also produce many problems while using Disney plus app. So make sure you’re getting enough internet speed for playing Disney plus on your device. The required internet speed for Disney plus app is mentioned below.
5 Mbps for HD content and
25 Mbps for 4k content
Now after knowing the required internet speed, go to speedtest.net. Check your internet speed, if your internet is slow then do the following fixes for improving your internet speed.
- Move your router closer to the smart tv or streaming device.
- If possible try using an ethernet cable for internet connection.
- Unplug your router from the power.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now plug in your router.
Launch the Disney plus app and check if the black screen problem is resolved or not.
Tips: If you’re using a VPN, then disable it. Disabling VPN can help you in fixing the black screen problem on your device.
How to Fix Disney Plus Black Screen Issue on Your Browser
Sometimes browser extensions can issues while using a website. So disabling or removing the extension can help you in fixing Disney plus black screen problem. To disable an extension on chrome browser follows the steps below.
- Click on the three dots from the top right corner of the screen.
- Hover over more tools then select extensions.
- Now toggle off your extensions one by one.
- Check after disabling which extension the black screen problem is fixed.
- Once you find the culprit extension, remove it from the browser.
Now you’ll be able to stream Disney plus on your browser without the black screen issue. If this doesn’t work then try clearing your browser cache.
Clear Browser Cache and Data
Clearing browser data and cache and sometimes fixing black screen issues. To clear your browser cache and data follow the steps below.
- Open chrome.
- Press CTRL+Shift+DEL.
- In the time range select all time.
- Click on clear data.
After clearing your browser data go to Disney plus website and try streaming the show again.
Tips: Disabling chrome hardware acceleration can also fix Disney plus black screen issue. To disable hardware acceleration on Chrome, go to chrome settings then click on advanced then select system. Toggle off use hardware acceleration when available. Now check if Disney plus black screen issue is fixed or not.
Also check: Fix netflix stuck on loading screen
Fix Disney Plus Black Screen on Smartphones (IOS & Android)
Below are some of the steps that can help you in resolving the Disney plus black screen issue on your smartphone.
- Update Disney plus app- Go to app store or play store then update your Disney plus app.
- Reinstall Disney plus- Delete the Disney plus app from your smartphone then reboot your device. Once the device is started, install the latest version of the Disney plus app on your device.
- Force stop Disney plus and clear cache- Press and hold the Disney plus icon on your android device and tap on more info or go to settings then select applications and more option. Locate and tap on Disney plus, now tap on force stop then clear data of Disney plus app. Now check if the Disney plus black screen problem is fixed or not.
Reset Your Smart TV
If nothing worked for you then resetting your device to factory default settings is your last option. To factory reset your smart tv follow the steps below.
- Go to the home screen.
- Go to settings.
- Select device preferences.
- Choose the reset option.
- Select erase everything.
- Go to home screen.
- Scroll down to select settings.
- Choose advanced system settings.
- Now factory reset then select factory reset everything.
- Press the home button.
- Go to settings.
- Select my fire tv option.
- Select reset to factory defaults.
- Confirm the reset.
Samsung Smart TV
- Go to home screen then select settings.
- Select support option.
- Now choose self-diagnosis.
- Select reset option.
- Enter your pin.
- Confirm the factory reset.
After resetting your factory reset, add Disney plus back to your tv. Now check if the Disney plus black screen issue is fixed.
Also check: How to fix disney plus not working on samsung tv
Contact Disney Plus
If you’re still facing Disney plus blank or black screen problem, then contact Disney plus team. Disney plus team can help you in fixing this problem. If this post helped you, then check how to fix hulu black screen issue.