One day I was watching a documentary on discovery plus on my Samsung tv. But all of a sudden the app stopped working on my smart tv. I searched online and found that the discovery app was constantly crashing, lagging and buffering on many people devices. I searched and found some steps that helped me in fixing discovery plus on my Samsung tv.
In this post I’m going to share why is discovery plus is not working, updating, installing on your Samsung tv and what you can do to fix it.
Why is Discovery plus not working on Samsung TV?
- TV glitch: Discovery plus can stop working on your Samsung tv due to a temporary glitch.
- Internet problem: Slow internet can also create a problem.
- Outdated Samsung TV firmware: If your Samsung tv is outdated, then discovery plus can stop working on your Samsung tv.
- Discovery plus app cache: Your discovery plus app can face problems due to corrupted or stored cache and data.
Now you can proceed with troubleshooting discovery plus problems on your Samsung tv.
How to Fix Discovery Plus Not Working on Your Samsung TV?
Check Samsung TV is compatible with Discovery plus app
Discovery Plus is currently only supported on the Samsung tv model released after 2016. If you are using the Samsung tv released before 2016, then the discovery plus app will not work on your tv. On a Samsung tv released before 2017 or in 2016 then you will not able to install the app on your Samsung tv. If you don’t want to buy a new tv, then you can use the following steps for streaming discovery plus on your smart tv.
- You can play Discovery plus with the help of a streaming stick on your Samsung tv.
- If you have another smart TV, try playing Discovery plus on that smart TV.
- You can take the help of a fire TV stick or Roku streaming TV stick.
- Or you can get a new Samsung tv for streaming discovery plus.
Restart Your Samsung Smart TV
If your discovery plus app is crashing, not loading, not working, or stuck on the loading screen then restarting the app can fix the problem. To restart or power cycle your Samsung tv you can follow the steps below.
Restart using the TV remote
- Take the Samsung TV remote.
- Press and hold the power button on your Samsung tv remote. Once the Samsung tv restart releases the button.
- Press the Home button.
- Now launch discovery plus and check if it is working.
Manually restart the TV
- Unplug the TV from the power source.
- Leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Plug your TV back into a power source.
- Turn on your TV.
Reinstall Discovery Plus
Reinstalling the discovery plus app can fix stream errors, crashing issues, loading issues, video not available errors, and freezing and buffering problems. To reinstall the discovery plus app on your Samsung tv follow the steps below.
- On your Samsung tv remote press the home button.
- Go to the apps option and select settings.
- Select discovery plus app and select delete.
Now restart your Samsung tv using the remote. Now install the latest version of discovery plus on your Samsung tv.
Check Discovery Plus Status
During an outage discovery plus will stop working. If the servers are facing issues or not working in your region, then discovery plus will not work. To check discovery plus status you can visit downdetector. Here you can get the status of discovery plus server. If there is an outage, then wait for some time. Once the outage is resolved you will be able to stream the discovery plus content on your Samsung smart tv.
Fix Discovery Plus not downloading, Installing, lagging, buffering, or freezing on Samsung tv
Restart Your Wi-Fi
If your internet is not working or slow, then the discovery plus app will not install on the Samsung tv, or it will start buffering, freezing, and lagging on your Samsung tv. To fix this problem you can restart your wifi by following the steps below.
- Unplug the modem/ router’s power cable from the source and remove any cables connected to the router ports.
- Wait for 5 minutes and then connect router cables to power.
- Now wait till the router properly powers on, and its lights are stable.
- Now connect your TV with WI-FI.
Launch the discovery plus app and check if the discovery plus problems are solved or not on your Samsung tv.
Update Samsung TV software
If you’ve not updated your Samsung tv firmware for a long time. Then you can face problems while streaming discovery plus on your smart tv. To update your Samsung tv firmware to its latest version follow the steps below.
- Press the Home button and open the smart hub.
- Select settings in the smart hub.
- Choose the software update option.
- Choose update now.
- Once the download is finished, follow the on-screen instruction to install it.
After updating the discovery plus on your Samsung tv, issues will be resolved.
Clear Discovery plus app cache
If you’ve not cleared the app cache then you can try clearing the cache of discovery plus app. To clear the cache of the discovery plus app you can follow the steps below.
- Once again, take the Samsung TV remote.
- Go to the settings and select smart hub.
- Select the apps tab and then system apps.
- Choose discovery plus and clear the cache.
- Press ok to confirm.
Disable or remove the VPN
If you are using a VPN for exploring the content of other regions on your Samsung tv. Then sometimes you can face streaming problems with discovery plus. To fix this problem you can uninstall or disable the VPN from your Samsung tv. After disabling the VPN check if the discovery plus issue is fixed.
Factory Reset Samsung TV
In case the discovery plus app is still crashing, not working on your Samsung tv. Then factory reset your Samsung tv to the default settings can help you. To factory reset your Samsung tv you can follow the steps below.
- Press the Home button on the Samsung remote.
- Head to the settings.
- Go to the General and then self-diagnostic.
- Choose reset if you ask for a pin. Enter 0000.
- Click ok to start the reset process.
Contact Discovery Plus
If the discovery plus issue persists, then contact the discovery plus team. Discovery plus team can help in fixing the issue on your Samsung tv.
More helpful guides: