This is one of the common issue faced by many discord users. This happens when a user tries to connect to voice, then after joining users get an RTC connecting error on their pc instead of connecting or connected. Now users will get stuck on the RTC connecting error on discord. This can happen due to a technical glitch on pc or due to app improper settings. You can also face this issue due to discord server issues. In this post, we’re going to explain how you can fix discord stuck on RTC connecting error on your system.
Why does Discord keep saying RTC connecting?
Below, we’ve listed the most common reasons that can cause “RTC Connecting” errors on Discord.
- Faulty or Unstable Internet Connection
- Outdated Network Driver
- Using the Outdated Discord app
- Corrupted DNS Data
- Using VPN without UDP
- Discord Server Outage
- The firewall is blocking Discord from working properly
How to Fix Discord RTC Connecting No Route Issue
Check Discord Status (Check for Outage)
Discord can give rtc connecting error issues when discord is facing an issue while connecting to the discord remote server. To check whether discord servers are working properly or not, you can visit https://discordstatus.com/. Now check if all the systems are operational or not. Now go to the voice section and check if all the regional servers are working or not. If the servers are having issues, then you need to wait for some time so that discord can fix the problem in your region. When the problem is solved try joining the discord voice again and check if the rtc connecting error is fixed or not.
Restart Your Discord
Sometimes a simple restart of the discord app can help you in resolving discord rtc connecting error. To fix this issue, simply close the discord app. Now press ctrl+shift+esc to open task manager on your pc. Locate the discord process from the list, right-click on discord and click on end task. Now locate other discord processes and click on end task. Close task manager, now discord is closed completely on your system. Now launch discord again and check if you’re able to connect to voice.
Update Network Driver
If your desktop’s network driver is outdated, it may affect your internet experience and lead to the “Discord RTC Connecting” error. To prevent such issues, try updating your desktop network drivers,
- Click the Windows (Start) button, search Device Manager, and open it.
- Now, click on the Network Adapter and expand it.
- After that, right-click on the WiFi adapter (mine is REALTEK WiFI 6) and select Update Driver.
- Click on the Search automatically for drivers and update it (if available).
After updating the network driver, open the Discord app and check if this resolves the RTC connecting error.
Verify Your Internet Connection
Now before following other troubleshooting steps, check if your internet connection is working or not. To check this you can try doing a simple search on google, try playing a video on your pc. If the video is lagging or buffering again and again, then check your internet speed. To do this visit speedtest.net, where you’ll be able to check the speed of your internet connection. If the connection is slow, then try contacting your isp for help. If you’re on a wireless connection, then try moving your router closer and place it at some higher place for better connectivity and speed. You can also try connecting your wifi to pc with the help of an ethernet cable. You can also try restarting your wifi router for fixing the internet issue. If your internet is still working slow, then try contacting your service provider for help. After fixing your internet connection you’ll be able to join the discord voice server without any issues.
Change Your Discord Server Region
If you are the administrator of your Discord channel then it allows you to change the settings as well as you can change your server region. Many users have reported that they were able to fix the discord rtc connecting issue by changing the server region. Doing this will refresh the server and fix the rtc connecting issue. You can follow the steps below to change the server region on discord.
- Go to the upper left-hand side and click on your server’s name and then go to “Server Settings”.
- Under the server region, click on the “Change” button.
- Select a server region from the grid.
Note: You can change back to your preferred server region, doing this will not cause the rtc connecting error.
Also check: How to delete discord account
Turn Off Your VPN or Change The Region on VPN
Sometimes a VPN can also create issues while connecting to voice on discord. In this scenario, you can try disabling the VPN on your pc and try connecting to voice on discord from your real location network. If your discord is still stuck on rtc connecting error on your pc, then try turning on the VPN again. Now connect to a different region on your VPN. After connecting to a different region on your VPN, launch discord and check if you’re able to join the voice server of discord on your pc or not.
Disable QOS (Quality of Service) High Packet Priority
If your discord app is still stuck on rtc connecting, then disabling QOS on the discord app can help you in fixing this issue. To disable high packet priority on your pc follows the steps below.
- Click on the gear icon (user settings) from the bottom left side.
- Now click on voice and video.
- Scroll down and locate “Enable quality of service high packet priority”.
- Now click on the toggle to turn it off.
After disabling QOS try connecting to the voice server again. Now you’ll be able to join the voice server without any issues.
Flush the DNS on Your PC
Sometimes corrupted or misconfigured DNS data can lead to discord rtc connecting error on your pc. Flushing DNS will clear all the cached website data this can help you in fixing rtc connecting errors on discord. To flush DNS on your pc follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key and search cmd.
- Now click on run as administrator.
- Now type ipconfig/flushdns and hit enter.
- Type netsh Winsock reset and hit enter.
- Now restart your pc and open the discord app.
After flushing DNS on your pc, check if you’re able to get past the rtc connecting error. After flushing DNS you’ll be able to join the voice server of discord.
Related: Fix Discord awaiting endpoint
Change and Set DNS Manually
You can use the most popular DNS server provided by Google to fix this rtc connecting no route issue on discord. To set DNS manually follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + r to open run
- Now type control ncpa.cpl and hit enter to open network settings.
- Right-click on the connected network name and click on properties.
- Now click on (IPv4) internet protocol version 4 and click on properties.
- Now click on the use following DNS server addresses.
- In the preferred DNS type 8 8 8 8 and in the alternate DNS type 8 8 8 4 and click on OK.
Now restart your pc and the discord rtc connecting error will be resolved.
Change Audio Subsystem
If the above step didn’t help you then try changing the audio subsystem from the discord user setting. Change the audio subsystem will fix the discord rtc connecting error on your device. To change the audio subsystem you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open discord and click on the gear icon (user settings).
- Now from the left side under the app settings section click on the audio and video option.
- Scroll down and in the audio subsystem choose “Legacy” and click on the okay button.
Now after changing the audio subsystem to the legacy you’ll not face discord rtc connecting error on your pc.
Related: Fix can’t hear anyone on discord
Restart Your Set-Up
Restarting your setup (computer, mobile device, and routers) sounds like a simple method but sometimes a simple method can fix errors like this. Many users have reported that they were able to fix the discord rtc connecting error no route by rebooting their device. You can also fix the rtc connecting error by following the steps below:
- Close the discord app and shut down your laptop, desktop, or mobile device.
- If you’re on pc then unplug your pc from the power source
- Now unplug the router for 30 seconds from the power socket.
- Now plug in all your device and turn them on.
- Connect your device to your wifi and check if you’re facing the discord rtc connecting error.
If you’re still facing the discord rtc connecting issue then follow the steps below.
Tip: You can also try simply rebooting your pc to fix the rtc connecting error on your pc. Restart your network device can sometime also fix this issue.
Disable Antivirus And Allow Discord Through Firewall
Sometimes an antivirus can cause the discord rtc connecting no route issue on your pc. To fix this you can simply uninstall an antivirus by following the steps below:
- To open the Run dialog box, press Windows key + R then, type appwiz.cpl and the enter key. It will open Programs and Features windows.
- Now, inside Programs and Feature windows, locate the anti-virus/firewall application and right-click on it.
- Select Uninstall.
- Restart your computer and open discord to check whether your error is resolved or not.
Also check: How to Appear Offline on Discord
Allow discord through windows firewall
You can allow the discord app through a firewall which can fix the discord rtc not connecting issue on your pc. To allow discord through the windows firewall then follow the steps below:
- Type and search windows firewall from the bottom left side search box and open it.
- Now click on Allow an app through the firewall option.
- Now scroll down and click on discord to select it.
- Click on change settings.
- Now check the box beside discord name and check the box under public and private and click on ok
Now restart your pc and check if the discord rtc connecting error is fired on your laptop or desktop.
Tip: Close the discord app and right-click on the taskbar and click on task manager. Now in the process search and right-click on the discord processes and click on the end task. This will fix the discord rtc connecting issue on your pc.
Does Your VPN Have UDP?
If your VPN doesn’t have udp (user datagram protocol) then you can face a discord rtc connecting error on your pc. This happens because discord doesn’t support VPN without udp. If your VPN doesn’t have udp then uninstall it from your device to fix the rtc connecting error on your pc. If your VPN has udp and still you’re facing the issue then simply uninstall it to see if that fixes the discord rtc connecting no route issue on your pc.
Tip: If you’re facing discord rtc connecting on a browser then try using other browsers to fix this issue.
Related: Fix Discord Keeps Crashing
Ask Your Network Admin
If you’re facing this error while using Discord at your school or work area network, then maybe Discord is blocked by your network admin because the network administrator of the school or work area blocks these types of apps. Try to ask your network administrator if they blocked discord or not.
Fix Discord RTC Connecting Error on Android
Before proceeding with troubleshooting, go to discordstatus page and check if the discord servers are working or not. If discord servers are not working then wait for sometime. If the all system are showing functional then you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps for fixing discord stuck on rtc connecting error on smartphone.
- Restart : Try restarting your smartphone and check if the rtc connecting problem is fixed or not.
- Update discord: Updating your discord app to its latest version can help you in fixing this problem.
- Turn off data saver: On your smartphone, disable the data saver. After disabling data saver you’ll be able to join the voice server without any issues.
- Reinstall discord: Reinstalling discord app on your smartphone can help you in fixing rtc connecting issue.
- Clear cache and data: Clearing discord cache and data can help you in fixing rtc connecting. Tap and hold discord, now tap on app info. Go to storage and delete the discord app cache and data. Now you’ll be able to join the discord voice server without any problem.
Conclusion: You can simply fix discord rtc connecting by restarting your pc and your router. You can also fix this issue by disabling your vpn or by following the steps mentioned above.