Discord, an American VoIP or you can say a popular group-chatting platform, where gamers can create their server and communicate with their fans or friends via text messages, video calls, and voice calls also, you can share media and files on discord.
Some users reported that they are facing an error named RTC connecting/no route error. RTC is known as real-time connectivity, it is a form of communication where you can share information with some people in real-time without facing any delay. Going live is an example of real-time connectivity.
And, when RTC connecting errors occur you’ll not be able to take part in the live video call, voice call on discord. If you’re also facing the discord rtc connecting error on your PC then you can follow the steps below to fix it.
How to Fix RTC Connecting Error on Discord
Verify your Internet Connection
Before going through with other methods to solve this error, check your internet connection because there can be an issue with your internet and that’s why RTC Connecting error is occurring. So, to solve this error call your Internet Service Provider to resolve your issue if there is any. If there’s no issue with your internet connection then move to other methods to resolve this error.
Change Your Discord Server Region
If you are the administrator of your Discord channel then it allows you to change the settings as well as you can change your server region. Many users have reported that they were able to fix the discord rtc connecting issue by changing the server region. Doing this will refresh the server and fix the rtc connecting issue. You can follow the steps below to change the server region on discord.
- Go to the upper left-hand side and click on your server’s name and then go to “Server Settings”.
- Under the server region, click on the “Change” button.
- Select a server region from the grid.
Note: You can change back to your preferred server region, doing this will not cause the rtc connecting error.
Also check: How to delete discord account
Flush the DNS
Sometimes corrupted or misconfigured dns data can lead to discord rtc connecting error on your pc. In this scenario you can reset the dns setting by following the steps below:
- Press windows key and search cmd.
- Now right click on the command prompt app and click on run as administrator.
- Now type ipconfig/flushdns and hit enter.
- Type netsh winsock reset and hit enter.
- Now restart your pc and open discord app.
After performing these steps you’ll not face discord rtc connecting no router error on your pc.
Related: Fix Discord awaiting endpoint
Change Audio Subsystem
If the above step didn’t help you then try changing the audio subsystem from the discord user setting. Change the audio subsystem will fix the discord rtc connecting error on your device. To change the audio subsystem you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open discord and click on the gear icon (user settings).
- Now from the left side under the app settings section click on the audio and video option.
- Scroll down and in the audio subsystem choose “Legacy” and click on the okay button.
Now after changing the audio subsystem to the legacy you’ll not face discord rtc connecting error on your pc.
Change your internet connection
Sometimes you can face this issue on your pc due to an incompatible Wi-Fi connection. In this scenario, you can try opening the discord app on your mobile device. Turn off Wi-Fi and turn on the mobile internet connection and open the discord app. Now you’ll not face discord rtc connecting error on your mobile app. After connecting you can disable mobile data and connect to Wi-Fi you’ll not face discord rtc connecting no route error on discord mobile app.
Restart Your Set-Up
Restarting your setup (computer, mobile device, and routers) sounds like a simple method but sometimes a simple method can fix errors like this. Many users have reported that they were able to fix the discord rtc connecting error no route by rebooting their device. You can also fix the rtc connecting error by following the steps below:
- Close the discord app and shut down your laptop, desktop, or mobile device.
- If you’re on pc then unplug your pc from the power source
- Now unplug the router for 30 seconds from the power socket.
- Now plug in all your device and turn them on.
- Connect your device to your wifi and check if you’re facing the discord rtc connecting error.
If you’re still facing the discord rtc connecting issue then follow the steps below.
Tip: You can also try simply rebooting your pc to fix the rtc connecting error on your pc. Restart your network device can sometime also fix this issue.
Related: Fix can’t hear anyone on discord
Disable Antivirus And Allow Discord Through Firewall
Sometimes an antivirus can cause the discord rtc connecting no route issue on your pc. To fix this you can simply uninstall an antivirus by following the steps below:
- To open the Run dialog box, press Windows key + R then, type appwiz.cpl and the enter key. It will open Programs and Features windows.
- Now, inside Programs and Feature windows, locate the anti-virus/firewall application and right-click on it.
- Select Uninstall.
- Restart your computer and open discord to check whether your error is resolved or not.
Also check: How to Appear Offline on Discord
Allow discord through windows firewall
You can allow the discord app through a firewall which can fix the discord rtc not connecting issue on your pc. To allow discord through the windows firewall then follow the steps below:
- Type and search windows firewall from the bottom left side search box and open it.
- Now click on Allow an app through the firewall option.
- Now scroll down and click on discord to select it.
- Click on change settings.
- Now check the box beside discord name and check the box under public and private and click on ok
Now restart your pc and check if the discord rtc connecting error is fired on your laptop or desktop.
Tip: Close the discord app and right-click on the taskbar and click on task manager. Now in the process search and right-click on the discord processes and click on the end task. This will fix the discord rtc connecting issue on your pc.
Does your VPN have UDP?
If your VPN doesn’t have udp (user datagram protocol) then you can face a discord rtc connecting error on your pc. This happens because discord doesn’t support VPN without udp. If your VPN doesn’t have udp then uninstall it from your device to fix the rtc connecting error on your pc. If your VPN has udp and still you’re facing the issue then simply uninstall it to see if that fixes the discord rtc connecting no route issue on your pc.
Tip: If you’re facing discord rtc connecting on a browser then try using other browsers to fix this issue.
Related: Fix Discord Keeps Crashing
Disable QoS (Quality of Service)
Still facing the error then try out this step affected users fixed this error by disabling the quality of service, follow the steps listed below;
- Click on the configuration/settings icon (next to your discord’s username).
- Under the App settings section, click on the “ Voice and Video” option.
- Scroll the page and locate “Quality of Service”, once you find the quantity of service section. Go to “Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority” and toggle the slider to the left side. It will disable the Quality of Service.
- Now, reload the discord and check whether your error is fixed or persists.
Ask Your Network Admin
If you’re facing this error while using Discord at your school or work area network, then maybe Discord is blocked by your network admin because the network administrator of the school or work area blocks these types of apps. Try to ask your network administrator if they blocked discord or not.
Set Google DNS Manually
You can use the most popular DNS server provided by Google to fix this rtc connecting no route issue on discord. To set DNS manually follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + r to open run
- Now type control ncpa.cpl and hit enter to open network settings.
- Right-click on the connected network name and click on properties.
- Now click on (IPv4) internet protocol version 4 and click on properties.
- Now click on the use following DNS server addresses.
- In the preferred DNS type 8 8 8 8 and in the alternate DNS type 8 8 8 4 and click on ok.
Now restart your pc and the discord rtc connecting error will be resolved.
Conclusion: You can simply fix discord rtc connecting by restarting your pc and your router. You can also fix this issue by disabling your vpn or by following the steps mentioned above.
If you’ve any suggestion or fix for rtc connecting issue then let us know from the comment box and also check how to fix twitch error code 5000.