Sometimes updates make the app good but sometimes the new updates can break the app on your software or your device. This is common nowadays, due to which many users want to manually update their discord app. Due to this many discord users wonder if there is a way to stop discord from automatically updating? If you’re you are also wondering the same thing, then yes, there is a way to stop discord from updating on your device. In this post, we’re going to explain how you can stop discord from automatically updating on windows, mac, android, and ios.
Stop Discord From Updating on Windows
While discord installation, discord saves a file on your Windows desktop or laptop storage named “update.exe”. This is the file that automatically scans and updates your discord to the latest version automatically. To stop discord from updating, we need to follow the steps below:
- Press Windows key + r to open the run command box.
- Now enter %LOCALAPPDATA% and hit enter.
- Locate and open the discord folder.
- Now locate and right-click on the update.exe file.
- Click on properties.
- Go to the general tab.
- Now in the attribute section check the box next to read-only.
- Click on apply then ok.
Now discord.exe file will become a read-only file. After making the changes now discord will not scan and update itself automatically.
Also check: How to fix discord stuck on rtc connecting
Stop Discord From Auto Updating on Mac
Yes, you can also stop the auto-update feature on mac. To disable the discord auto-update function you need to follow the steps below.
- From the top left side of your mac screen click on the apple logo.
- Now click on the app store.
- Again click on the app store which is located next to apple logo.
- Click on preferences.
- Now uncheck the box next to automatic updates.
Now discord will not automatically update on your mac in the future.
Also check: How you can appear offline on discord
How to Stop Discord From Updating Automatically on a Smartphone
If you’re an android user then you need to make changes to your play store settings. But this stops all the apps from automatically updating. So after making these changes you need to manually update every app. To stop auto-update on android follow the steps below.
- Open play store.
- Now tap on your profile icon from top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on settings.
- Tap on network preferences.
- Now tap on auto-update apps and change it to “don’t auto-update apps”.
- Go to iPhone settings.
- Scroll down and select the app store.
- Now turn off app updates.
After making these changes the discord will not automatically update on your smartphone (iPhone or Android smartphone). So this is how you can stop discord from automatically updating on your windows, mac, android, or ios device. Also checkout our post on how to stop discord from opening on startup.