Recently updated on August 23rd, 2020 at 06:43 pm
Snapchat is one of the famous social media sites/apps where you can share your feeds with your friends and with your loved ones. Snapchat is the one who comes up with a short story feature. There are some other features in Snapchat like you can chat with your friends and discover some stories and there’s also a feature which I like most is the map feature. It’s a great social media website but like many people, I don’t like Snapchat very much so I decided to delete my Snapchat account. In this post, I’m going to explain how you can deactivate or delete your Snapchat account permanently.
If you want to take a break from Snapchat then you can simply uninstall the app. If you choose to delete your Snapchat account then your account will be deactivated for 30 days and after 30 days your account will be permanently deleted. But if you change your mind to not delete your account then within 30 days you can re-login to your account and your account will be re-activated.
Delete Your Snapchat Account on Web Browser
Ready to delete your snapchat account, follow the steps below on Web browser:
- Open web browsers your device whether it’s a tablet or desktop, it’s not necessary to use a desktop to delete your account and search Snapchat account portal and log in with your credentials
- Once you logged in to your account you will see lots of option to manage your Snapchat account
- Go to “Delete My Account” and there will be a leaving message from Snapchat
- Snapchat will ask for password for confirmation if you’re the owner who want to delete this account. Enter your password and click on continue
Now your account will be deactivated for 30 days. You will receive a mail or message from team Snapchat, that you’ve chosen to delete your Snapchat account and if you want to reactivate your account then you have to log in to Snapchat before 30 days.
Also check how to delete your Skype account permanently or How you can delete your Instagram account in 2020.
Delete Your Snapchat Account on Mobile App
If you’re using Snapchat mobile app, then follow the steps below to delete Snapchat account on your phone.
- Open the Snapchat app on your smartphone/tablet. Log in to your account and tap on your avatar.
- Now, tap on the gear icon (settings) at the top-right corner.
- Locate “Support” section and then tap on “I Need Help”.
- Go to “My Account & Security” and tap on “Account Information”.
- Now tap on “Delete My Account”. A page will open where you’ll see info related to deleting your account from Snapchat. Please stay on that page
- Go and tap on the “accounts portal” below “How to delete your Snapchat account”.
7. Enter your password to Delete your Snapchat account and tap on continue.
8. And, your account will be deactivated and will be deleted after 30 days.
9. Snapchat will send you a confirmation mail on your registered mail address.
Steps to Reactivate your Snapchat account
If you’ve changed your mind and want to use your Snapchat account, then here are the steps to reactive your account.
- Open your Snapchat app or visit Snapchat on your device and log in with your username and password
- A message will pop-up asking you to re-activate your account. Tap “Yes” and again one more message will appear tap “okay”.
3. For once tap on login and your account will re-activate.
Conclusion: You can easily delete your Snapchat account by visit Snapchat account portal. From there raise a request to delete your account. Your account will be deactivated for 30 days, after 30 days your account will be deleted permanently. To re-activate your account login within these 30 days other-wise you’ll lose your account.
Any more query or confusion related to Snapchat? Do let us know from the comment box or check out how to get a public view of your Facebook profile after UI upgrade from Facebook.