If you are a video games lover, you have heard about PlayStation. Playstation Network is Sony’s online games store that provides various PlayStation consoles services. If you have a PlayStation console, you can create a PSN account for free, and when you create a PSN account, you will also create a PSN ID, which is displayed when you play with other players online.
We all know how to create a PSN account, but some of us don’t know how to delete a PSN permanently. If this is the case, in this post, we will explain how you can delete a PSN account and delete users on PS4 or PS5 and some more information related to the PSN account.
In this post, we are to explain how you can delete a PSN account and how to delete users on ps4.
What Happens After Deleting PSN Account
- When you close your PSN account, you cannot use the same online id on the other PSN account.
- You will lose all your purchases and cannot transfer the content to another account.
- All the subscriptions and entitlement associated with the Account will be lost.
- You will lose your PSN wallet, and the remaining funds will be deleted.
How do I Delete a PSN account?
There is no button or option to delete your PlayStation Network (PSN) account. To close your PSN account, you need to contact the Sony PlayStation team. You can follow the steps below to delete your PSN account.
- Visit the Sony Support page and then click on Contact US.
- After that, locate and select “Account & Security.”
- Then, go to the “Change online ID & other account questions.”
- Scroll down and navigate to the “Live chat” option. Follow the on-screen prompts and chat with the online representative of Sony and ask them to delete your PSN account.
- You can also scroll down to the “Connectivity” section and click on the “PlayStation network.”
- You’ll find a number to contact the PlayStation team over call and ask them to delete your PSN account.
You can follow the above steps to delete your PlayStation Network (PSN) account.
Related: How to activate twitch
How to Delete PSN Account Without Password?
If you’re searching for this question, you may have forgotten the PSN account password. You can reset your PSN password, but only if you have the email address associated with your PSN account. And after resetting the password, you can delete your PSN account permanently.
So, here’re the steps to reset the PSN password;
- Turn on your console and navigate to the “Sign In” section.
- Now, enter the Sign I’d/E-mail address associated with your PlayStation account.
- After that, press Triangle to select “Forgot Password.”
- Re-enter your Email address and click on Send Email. Now, a link will be sent to your email address from where you can Reset your PSN password.
- Open that mail on your device (pc or smartphone) and click on “Change Password.”
- Next, enter your Date of birth and then enter the new password.
- Lastly, go back to your console and try to sign in to your Account.
After resetting the password, move on to the next step and close your PSN account permanently.
Related: Fix Netflix error code ui-800-3
How to delete PlayStation account ps5?
Wondering how to delete a PlayStation account on your PS5. There’s nothing to wonder about; we’re here to show you how to delete the Playstation 5 account. Here’s what you need to do;
- Firstly, close the game (if you’re playing any) and head to the console’s Home Screen.
- Now, navigate to the Settings (cog icon/symbol) and scroll to the “Users & Accounts” option.
- After that, select “Users” and delete the Account you want to.
If you want to delete your PlayStation account permanently, try following the steps mentioned in this post (contacting Sony’s customer support).
Can you remove PSN account from PS4?
If you’ve created too many user accounts on your ps4 console, then you can follow the steps below to delete users on ps4.
How to Delete User Account on PS4 Console
- Go to the Settings.
- With the help of the drop-down menu, select “Login settings.”
- Select “User Management” ; here, you will get two options to create or delete users. Select the “Delete Users” option
- Now select the user you want to delete from the list and confirm to delete it.
Now the selected user from the ps4 will be deleted.
How Do I Create a PSN Account?
Want to recreate a PSN account now or in the future? Well, if you’ve made your decision to create your PSN account again, then follow the steps given below;
- Open a browser on your PC or smartphone and visit the Sony PlayStation Network page.
- After that, navigate to the Sign In and click “Create a new account.”
- Next, click on Create, enter your Date of birth, and NEXT.
- After that, click on Choose your Country and language > Enter the Sign-ID(Email address) > Enter your Password > Click on I Agree > Create My Account.
- Lastly, a verification link will be sent to your given Email address, and you’ll be back in PSN again.
Conclusion: You can easily close your PSN account permanently by contacting the sony PlayStation team on chat or call.
If you’ve any queries, let us know from the comment box and also check how to cancel Hulu subscription on ps4