eBay is an online shopping site that helps you to buy and sell old items. If you have old stuff in your home and you wish to sell then create an account into eBay and sell the item through the bargain with the local people in your area. You can also alternatively search the product by eBay that is available in your area. eBay available in many countries so you can sell as well as buy items nationally and internationally.
Anyone can create an account on eBay for free and if you also created an account on eBay for selling or picking and you don’t need this account anymore, you desire to close it then follow our method to how you can close the eBay account. But before you delete the account you should first know that eBay do not provide a special delete button that you pressed and your account close.
What you should know before deleting your eBay account
There are some things you should know before deleting your account.
1. If you’ve any pending amount to pay on eBay, then eBay can contact you after your account closure request. Make sure you complete all your transactions, and you’re not biding on any item before deleting your account.
2. When your account is deleting your profile is completely removed from the eBay. However, your feedback will remain live and active on eBay.
3. After deleting your eBay account you cannot use the same email address or user id again on ebay.com or half.com in the future.
Also check our post on how to delete your amazon account permanently
Steps to Delete eBay Account Permanently
We will teach you step by step to how you can delete the account. After deleting the account you will be lost all your transaction history. So if you agreed to close the account then follow the method.
- Go to ebay.com on your browser.
- Sign in to your eBay account with your credentials.
- Click on the options help & contact.
- Now on the how can we help you today? page type delete account in the search box choose the option closing your account and deleting your data.
- Scroll down and click on the close account and delete my data
- Now eBay will ask you to tell us why you are leaving, click on the drop-down key and select personal reason and and choose from any option listed and click on continue.
- Next select the option through the drop-down key No, please close my account and delete my data and press the continue
- Now read the information carefully that what would happen if you close the account and click on the check mark box and click on submit the request.
- You’ll receive a notification that your eBay account will be deleted in 30 days and you’ll a confirmation mail once your account is deleted
Note: You cannot access your account after submitting account closure request
eBay will send you a confirmation mail within 24 hours after receiving your account deletion request. If you’ve recently used eBay then your account will be deleted after 60 days. So that if you changed your mind you can use it. However, if you don’t use it then it’ll be deleted after 60 days. For people who haven’t used their eBay account for the past 60 days, their account will be deleted in the next 60 days.
How to delete eBay account on Mobile App
I installed the eBay app on my mobile device and tried to delete my account through the eBay mobile app. But currently, there is no option to delete your eBay account through their app. However, you can use the chrome browser and switch to desktop site mode, and then you can delete your eBay account by following the above steps.
Might interest you: How to delete skype account
Conclusion: You can delete your eBay account by submitting a account closure request from help& contact option. eBay will delete your account in 30 days.
If you’ve any query regarding eBay let us know and check out our latest post on how to cancel amazon prime subscription