Discord is one of the most famous VoIP, instant messaging service among games. Many people use this service for streaming and other purposes also. If you’re done using discord services and want to remove your personal information completely then deleting your discord account permanently is a good option. Deleting your discord account will remove all your personal information from the discord database
Things to Remember before deleting Discord Account
There are some things you should know before deleting your account.
- After deleting your discord account, you’ll not be able to delete your old account.
- You won’t be able to delete your account if you own a server. First, you have to delete your server or transfer the ownership of that server to some other user. After doing this you’ll be able to delete your account.
- Instead of deleting your account, you can choose to disable it. After disabling your account you will not receive and discord notification. However, you’ll be able to receive a friend request from other users on discord. You can re-activate your discord account anytime.
Also check our post to fix discord crashing issue
Steps to Delete Your Discord Account
To delete your discord account follow these steps below:
- Open your discord app on your desktop or go to the discord website and login to your account.
- Click on the Settings (gear icon) from the bottom left side of your screen.
- Now click on the blue edit button on my account page.
- Now to delete your discord account permanently click on the delete account button. You can also choose to disable your account by clicking on the disable account button.
- In the dialog box enter your password and click on delete account button.
Note: If you own a server you’ll receive a notification asking you to “first transfer the ownership of your server” only after that you’ll be able to delete your account.
Steps to delete discord server
- Click on the server name from the right side of the screen.
- Now click on the downward arrow next to your server name and from the options click on server settings.
- Now click on the delete server option from the bottom left side of the screen.
- In the dialog box enter your server name and click on the delete server button.
After deleting your server you’ll be able to delete your discord account permanently. If you’ve active users on your server you can choose to transfer the ownership of the server to of your members. To transfer the ownership of the server follow the steps below.
- Click on the server name and go to server settings.
- Now from the bottom left side click on members‘ options in the user management section.
- Hover over the user whom you want to transfer the ownership of your discord server. Now click on the three dots next to the person name and from the options click on transfer ownership.
After completing these steps follow the instruction above to delete your discord account permanently.
Note: You can delete account of a deceased person if you’ve their login credentials. You can also raise a request at discord twitter page or go to discord help and support page to submit a request to delete account of a deceased person
Was this helpful? Facing any other issue in deleting discord account, let us know from the comment box. Also check our post on how to fix can’t hear anyone on discord issue.