Why do we need to clear Firefox cache and cookies?
When you use Firefox, it saves some of your information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing cache and cookies will solve issues like slow loading of web-pages and formatting and rendering issues on some sites. By clearing, cache and cookies will protect your information and makes your browser smooth.
In this post, we will guide you on how to clear Firefox cache and cookies, follow the steps that are mentioned below.
Guide to Clear Firefox Cache & Cookies on Desktop
To clear site data, cookies and cache from your Firefox browser on your desktop follow the steps below:
- Open your desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux) and open Firefox application
- From the top right side of the screen click on “gear icon”. or type about:preferences#home in the URL box and press enter to open Firefox preferences page.
- Now from the left side click on “Privacy & Security“.
- Scroll down and locate “Cookies and Site Data” and Check the box, if you want to “Delete Cookies and site data when Firefox is closed” and click on “Clear Data”.
- Clear data box will appear, by automatically boxes are already checked if not then check the boxes next to “Cookies and Site Data” and “Cached Web Content”.Then click on “Clear”.
(And if you want to manage “cookies and site data” then click on “Manage Data”. Select the website and remove it and click on “Save Changes” and click on “Remove”)
- This message will appear “Selecting ‘Clear Now’ will clear all cookies and site data stored by Firefox. This may sign you out of websites and remove offline web content”. Click on Clear now button to delete your cache and cookies from chrome
There’s also one more way to clear Firefox Cache & Cookies on Desktop
- Open Mozilla Firefox on your desktop and click on “View History and Saved Bookmarks and more” button in Toolbar next to the download button.
- Go to “History”.
- Select the “Time range to clear”.
- Now move to History section check/uncheck the boxes of your choice, (like if you don’t want to remove your “Browsing & Download History” then uncheck that box).
- Click on “OK”
How to Automatically Clear Cache and Cookies on Firefox
Follow the steps below to automatically clear your cache and cookies
- First go to privacy and settings
- Now scroll down and in the history section select “use custom settings for history” by clicking on the drop down next to “firefox will”.
- Check the box next to “Clear history when Firefox closes” and click on settings.
- Now choose what you want to delete on exit and click on “OK”
After this Firefox will clear cache cookies after your exit Firefox browser.
Guide to Clear Firefox Cache & Cookies on Mobile (Android)
- Open the Firefox app on your mobile.
- Tap on “Menu” button from the bottom right side of screen.
- Now tap on “settings”
- In the “Privacy and Security” section tap on “Delete browsing data”
- Check the “Cookies and Cached images and files” boxes and, tap on “Delete browsing data”, a confirmation message will appear “Firefox will delete the browsing data” tap on “Delete”.
Also, if you want to delete browsing data when you quit the Firefox app, by toggling it on whenever you tap on quit on Firefox app your “Cookies and Cached images and files” will be cleared. Follow the steps given below,
- Open the Firefox app on your mobile.
- Tap on “Menu” button.
- Go to “Settings” and go to “Privacy and Security” section.
- Tap on “Delete browsing data on quit”.
- Go to “Delete browsing data on quit” and toggle it on. Check all boxes.
- From now whenever you tap on “Quit” then it will automatically delete your all browsing data.
Also check how to go full screen on Firefox browser
Guide to Clear Firefox Cache & Cookies on Mobile (iOS)
- Open the Firefox app on your device.
- Tap on the “Menu” icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap on “Settings” from the menu.
- Now, scroll down to “Privacy” and tap on “Data Management”.
- You’ll be on the “Clear Private Data” section, go to “Cache” and “Cookies” and make sure the sliders are toggled to the right. You’ll see several options there if you want to clear the browsing history, offline website data, tacking protection, and downloaded files then turn the toggle on.
- If you are all set to clear your data then, tap on “Clear Private Data”.
- A warning message will pop-up, tap on “OK” and your cache and cookies will be cleared.
Conclusion: You can easily clear cookies and data on Firefox. Just go to settings or preferences and in the privacy setting click on clear data option. You can also choose to clear data and cookies when you exit Firefox as suggested in the post above
So were you able to clear cache and cookies on your Firefox browser? If yes, why not check how to access saved passwords on Firefox.