When you do something on your computer then at the bottom of your screen you’ll see your black taskbar or the transparent one if you’re on Windows 7. Black is a really attractive and simple color but, some people want to change their taskbar color. You can easily do that from the taskbar settings.
You can check the currently running programs, time, date, notification, etc from the taskbar. You can also pin a contact or something you want to the taskbar. The taskbar is a really interesting space on someone’s desktop. So changing its color according to your need is a great thing.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to change taskbar color in windows 10,8 and 7. choose the one method according to your windows version.
Change Taskbar Color on Windows 10
If you’re on windows 10 then follow these steps to change the taskbar color.
- From the search box search for settings.
- Now click on the personalization.
- Click on the colors from the left side of your screen.
- Uncheck the box next to “automatically pick an accent color from my background”
- Now scroll down and go to “Show accent color on the following surface” section. Now check the box next to “start, taskbar and action center”.
- Now you can choose any color from the windows color and the selected color will replace the current color on the taskbar.
- Choose your desired color for the taskbar.
From here you can also turn on or off the transparency effects of the taskbar, start menu, etc. You can also change the color of the title bars. After that, the selected color for the taskbar will also appear on any open window title bars.
Change taskbar color on windows 8
To change taskbar color on windows 8 or 8.1 follow the steps below.
- Right click on the desktop and click on personalization
- Click on color from bottom of window
- Now select the color that you want for your taskbar and click on save changes. You can see now your taskbar color successfully changed
You can also increase or decrease the color intensity for the taskbar. For that just click on show colormixer drop-down option and you will find a scale meter to adjust the color intensity and click on save changes.
Change taskbar color on Windows 7
You can easily change taskbar color on windows 7 with some click by following these simple steps below
- Right click on your desktop and click on personalize.
- Now click on window color from the bottom of opened window
- Now chose color from this windows and click on save changes. Selected color will be used for taskbar, start menu and windows border.
You can also enable or disable transparency of taskbar, start menu and windows border from. You can also change the color intensity,hue and saturation from color mixer.
Conclusion: You can easily change taskbar color in windows from the personalization option. Changing taskbar color will also change start menu and windows border on windows 8 and 7.
Have more question related to taskbar? Let us know from the taskbar or check our post on how to fix start menu not working on Windows 10