Cyber attacks are one of a big headache for a company like eBay. Because eBay has a loss of crucial information about consumers, which can lead to online theft of money. So changing your password after such cyber-attacks or after a couple of months can make eBay account more safe and secure.
If you are a seller or buyer on eBay and regularly use eBay for selling and purchasing products on eBay then changing your eBay password can protect your account. Or you’re suspicious that your eBay account is hacked then changing or resetting your password can help you’re also you need your password if you’re considering to delete your eBay account. This post explains how you can change and reset your eBay account password on desktop and mobile eBay app
Change Your eBay Password on Desktop or Laptop
To change ebay password on desktop follow the steps below
- Visit ebay.com and login to you eBay account by filling in your login details. If you don’t know the password then follow the steps below to reset your password.
- From top left side of screen click on your name and from the drop down click on account settings.
- On this page click on “sign in and security” under personal information.
- Now click on “Edit” next to modify your password
- Now eBay will ask you to login to your account again for security reason before changing your password. Login to your account
- Now on “Change your password page” enter your current password and enter your new password twice and click submit.
- Your password is changed successfully just go and log in to your account with new password.
If you’re using “login with google” then first you need to create a password. Follow the steps to create your password.
1. Login to your account with google.
2. Now click on your name from the top left side of the screen.
3. Click on account settings.
4. Under the “Personal info” section click on “sign in and security”.
5. Now click on “edit” next to modify your password.
6. Now eBay will ask you to create a new password. Enter your desired password twice and click on submit.
Now in the future, you can use this password to change your eBay password. If you’re logged in with Facebook then you need to make sure you have got the email address you used to create your Facebook account. Because if in future you decide to reset your password, then eBay will send the confirmation mail to your registered email with Facebook. Same goes for apple id, you need to first create your eBay password from account settings.
Also check our post on how to change Netflix password
How to Reset Your eBay Password on Desktop
If you don’t remember your current eBay password then follow the steps below to reset eBay password.
- Visit eBay and click on sign in. Now enter your email address and click on continue.
- Now click on “need help signing in”
- Click on “receive email”, eBay will send you email to your registered email address with a link to reset your eBay password.
- Open your registered email and open email sent by eBay. Now click on confirm button to reset your eBay password
Note* Password reset or change link is only valid for 24 hours
- Now enter new password and click on continue. You receive a message on the next page that “Congratulations!, Your password has been reset.”
How to Change eBay Password on Mobile App
To change eBay password on mobile app follow the steps below:
- Tap on the three horizontal lines from the top left side of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on settings
- Now tap on singing in under account
- Tap on change password
- For security reason eBay will ask for your login details. Enter your email address and tap on continue
- Now tap the “Receive email” button. eBay will send you a mail with the link to change your account password.
- Now open your email and open the mail sent by eBay to change your password. Tap on confirm to change your eBay password.
- Enter your new password and click on continue. Your password is successfully changed now. You’ll also receive a confirmation mail from eBay regarding your password change
How to Reset your Password on eBay Mobile App
If you’re using eBay on mobile and and remember your password then follow the steps below to reset ebay password on phone.
- Tap on three horizontal lines from top right click of screen next to eBay logo
- Tap on sign in
- Now tap on “use email or username”
- Here tap on “reset your password”
- Enter your email or username and tap on blue continue button
- On this page tap on “receive email” button to receive a mail on your registered email with a link to reset your password.
Open your registered email and open the mail received from eBay. Click on confirm button which will open a webpage for resetting your password. Enter your new password and click on continue. Now you can login your new password.
Have more query or confusion regarding how to change password on eBay? Let us know from the comment box or read our post on how to change Spotify password