Recently updated on December 29th, 2022 at 12:17 am
Changing your ebay account password can save you from fraud and account hacking problems. You might also want to change your password if you’ve shared it with many people. There are many other reasons why you might want to change or reset your eBay password. Or simply you want to change ebay password to protect your account.
Recently I was trying to log in to my eBay account, but I didn’t remember the password. But fortunately for me, I knew the steps to change or reset my eBay password. In this post, I’m going to share the steps that will help you change your ebay password.
Steps to Change Your eBay Password
You can easily change your eBay account password using a laptop or desktop. Follow the change password by following the steps below.
- Visit ebay.com and login to you eBay account. If you don’t know the password then follow the steps below to reset your password.
- From top left side click on your name and then click account settings.
- Click on sign in and security option.
- Now click on Edit option next to password option.
- Now enter your current password and then new password 2 times.
- Click on save.
Now you’ll be logged out of your eBay account and you need to enter your new password to access your eBay account.
If you’re using “login with google” then first you need to create a password. Follow the steps to create your password.
- Login to your account with google.
- Now click on your name from the top left side of the screen.
- Click on account settings.
- Under the “Personal info” section click on “sign in and security”.
- Now click on “edit” next to modify your password.
- Now eBay will ask you to create a new password. Enter your desired password twice and click on submit.
Now in future, you can use the steps above to change your ebay password. If you’re logged in with Facebook then you need to make sure you have got the email address you used to create your Facebook account. Because if in future you decide to reset your password, then eBay will send the confirmation mail to your registered email with Facebook. Same goes for apple id, you need to first create your eBay password from account settings.
Also, check our post on how to change Netflix password
How to Reset Your eBay Password
If you don’t remember your current eBay password then follow the steps below to reset eBay password.
- Visit eBay and click on sign in. Now enter your email address and click on continue.
- Now click on “need help signing in”
- Click on receive email or receive text to get password reset code for your account.
- Now enter the code received on your registered email or mobile number then click on continue.
- Enter your new password and click on continue.
How to Change eBay Password on Mobile App
To change eBay password on mobile app follow the steps below:
- Tap on the three horizontal lines from the top left side of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on settings
- Now tap on singing in under account
- Tap on change password
- Enter your registered email or username and click on continue.
- Click on receive email or receive text to get password reset code.
- Now enter the code you received.
- Enter your new password and click on continue button.
Watch Our Video Guide to Change or Reset eBay Password
How to Reset your Password on eBay Mobile App
If you’re using eBay on mobile and remember your password then follow the steps below to reset ebay password on phone.
- Tap on three horizontal lines from top right-click of the screen next to eBay logo
- Tap on sign in
- Now tap on reset your password link.
- Enter your email or username and click on continue.
- Now you’ll get the option to receive a password reset code on email or mobile number.
- Enter the code you’ve received and click on continue.
- Now enter your new password.
Open your registered email and open the mail received from eBay. Click on confirm button which will open a webpage for resetting your password. Enter your new password and click on continue. Now you can login your new password.
Have more query or confusion regarding how to change password on eBay? Let us know from the comment box or read our post on how to change Spotify password