Are you getting “Your Camera is offline” on your blink camera, this means that the communication between the blink server and your blink camera is no longer working. Are you worried about how to fix this? Well, you’ve landed at the right place, and in Today’s post, we’re going to explain how you can bring your Blink camera back online.
We’ve gathered some best working solutions, and all you need to do is follow the steps as instructed, and your Blink Camera will be back Online.
Why is My Blink Camera Offline?
We’ve listed some possible reasons for Blink Camera Offline,
- Network Issue: If your Camera keeps going offline, it might be because of some network error. If you’re getting slow or unstable Internet, it can lead your blink to be camera offline.
- Dead Batteries: If the batteries of the Blink camera are dead, then your blink camera also stops working. In this scenario, verify the batteries or try to change them.
How Do I Get My Blink Camera Back Online?
Here are some troubleshooting steps that might help you get your Camera back online.
If you’re getting an offline camera message on your Blink camera application, this step might help you bring your Camera back online. Follow the steps as given below;
- Open the back lid of your Blink camera and remove the batteries for 5 seconds.
- After 5 seconds, Reinsert them.
Wait for 30 seconds and try to use your blink camera again. Now your blink camera will be back online without any issues.
Check Your Internet Connection
As discussed above, if your home network is encountering some connectivity issue, it can lead to your blink camera being offline. Below we’ve listed some steps that might help you, so follow the steps as instructed;
Reboot the Router
- Unplug the router adapter from the power outlet for 60 seconds.
- Now, plug the router adapter back to the power outlet.
- Now check whether your Camera is online/offline.
If this doesn’t work for you, take a look at your Wi-FI network and its speed.
Check the Network and Speed
- First, check that your Wi-Fi network is functioning correctly and the Internet is available.
- If your Wi-Fi is working fine, check your network’s internet speed. Blink cameras require at least 2Mbps of internet speed to be available all the time. Visit Speedtest.net or usinternet.com and check if you’re getting the required speed or not.
- If you’ve changed your Wi-Fi password then, your Blink cameras will go offline until you update the new password on the Blink app and connect your Camera to Wi-Fi.
Related: Fix error code 90 on wyze camera
Try a different Power Outlet
If you’ve verified your Internet and it’s working fine, there are some possibilities that maybe your Camera isn’t getting enough power from the power outlet. So, try to use a different power outlet. And check whether this fixes the problem or not.
If not then, try to change your Blink camera USB wall charger. A 5 volt USB wall charger should work.
Check That Cables Are Connected Properly
If your Camera is still offline, maybe the problem lies with your USB cable. Check your cable; if it’s frayed, torn, or internally damaged (it may not be visible) then, this can be the reason for your blink offline Camera. In this case, you need to replace your cables with new ones. Or, you can use your mobile charging cable (USB type A to micro-USB type B cable).
Move Your Blink Camera Close to Your Sync Module
Ensure that your Camera is close to your Sync Module, and both are receiving proper Wi-Fi signals and connections. If the connectivity is poor or the signal is low, your Camera will not work as they have to, and you’ll face these issues frequently.
Move your Sync Module: Unplug your Sync Module and plug it at a new location closer to the blink camera. The connection status will update when the Sync module has re-connected to Blink’s servers. Also, ensure that your sync module is close enough for a stable connection.
Replace the Batteries
Dead batteries can be the culprit for your blink offline camera. If the batteries of your Blink camera are dead, then try to replace them with the new one and ensure that you use 1.5V Lithium batteries.
- Open the back lid of your Blink camera and remove the old batteries.
- After that, insert the new batteries and turn on the Camera.
- Please wait for 30 seconds and check whether your Camera is still offline or it’s online.
Reset router and Re-connect Your Sync Module
- Firstly, unplug your Sync Module and Router/modem.
- Wait for 2 minutes and turn on your router/modem. Now, wait until Led indicators turn to Green (Sign of Active Internet)
- Plug the Sync Module back to its place.
- Now, your Sync Module will indicate a green or blue light. (It means that your Sync module is connected to your Wi-Fi.
How to Reset Your Blink Sync Module?
If you want to reset your Blink sync module, then follow the steps below;
- Take a paper clip or pin, and you’ll find the reset button on the right of the USB port. Insert the paper clip or pin and press the reset button until the Led turns red and your Sync module is reset, or press the button for 15 seconds.
- Your Sync module is in Setup mode; follow the on-screen prompts and connect your Sync Module.
- Lastly, connect your Blink camera to your sync module and check whether this one fixes your Blink Camera or not.
Also check: Fix alexa echo dot stuck on updating device
Reset Your Blink Camera
If resetting the sync module doesn’t work, try resetting your blink camera. Resetting the Blink camera will reset all the settings to its default. Many users claimed that they managed to bring their Blink camera online by resetting to its factory setting.
It would be best to have a paperclip or sharp screwdriver to factory reset your Blink camera.
- Open the back lid of your blink camera and find the reset button (usually, you’ll find it near the batteries).
- Use a paperclip, insert and press the reset button for 15 seconds or until a red light starts flashing.
- Now, your Camera is completely reset.
- Lastly, connect your Camera to the Sync module and Wi-Fi. And, check if the Camera is back online.
Contact Blink Support
It seems like nothing works for you. If your Camera is still offline and none of the steps works for you, Blink support is your last hope to bring your Camera back online. Visit Blink Customer Support or contact via Email and raise your Ticket. Or you can also contact Blink via call.
Also check our post on how to always stay available on microsoft teams.