Why does my AT&T TV remote not work? Does AT&T remote not work anymore? How do I fix the Tv remote not working with at&t? What to do if my AT&T TV remote won’t work? My AT&T tv remote is not responsive. How can I reset my TV using two remotes provided by AT&T? In today’s article, you’ll get all your answers and steps to fix the “AT&T TV remote not working” issue.
Why is my AT&T Remote Not Working?
There are various factors that could cause your AT&T Tv remote to stop working. We will go over the most common reasons your AT&T Tv remote might stop working.
- Low Batteries: If the battery level of your AT&T TV remote is low or dead, then it might be the reason why you’re encountering the AT&T TV remote isn’t working issue. In order to fix this, you need to replace your old batteries.
- Signal Interference: Another probable cause for encountering this issue is signal interference between your TV and remote. To resolve this, keep your wireless devices (smartphones) away from your Tv and remote.
- Remote is broken: If your Tv is unable to receive any signals from the remote, then there are some chances that your remote got broken or damaged.
How Can I Fix an ATT TV Remote that Doesn’t Work?
If your AT&T TV remote isn’t working with your TV, don’t panic. We’ve gathered and penned down some working solutions that’ll help you in resolving the issue.
Use Troubleshoot & Resolve tool.
You can try the AT&T troubleshoot & resolve tool to fix this issue. To do so, follow the below steps;
- Press the Menu button given on your remote.
- Now, head to the Help, then select Information.
- After that, navigate to Troubleshoot & Resolve and press OK.
- Lastly, go to TV > Remote Control > Troubleshooting and follow the on-screen instructions.
Check if this resolves your issue. If not, head to the below fixes.
Also check: How to fix firestick picture too big
At&t Remote Not Turning Off TV
As we stated, if the remote batteries are discharged, it may cause the issue you’re encountering now. Try pressing the top button given on your remote, the remote should shine brightly, and if it doesn’t shine, you need to replace the batteries.
To change the batteries,
- Open the battery lid and replace the old batteries with the new ones.
Maintain a Distance Between Receiver and TV
Some AT & T TVs have backlighting and can interfere with the Tv remote signal. To resolve this issue, try to maintain an adequate distance between your Tv receiver and Tv.
Ensure that there’s any obstruction between your Tv and remote. 20 feet is the maximum range of the remote to control your Tv.
Check The Cables
You need to check a thing: ensure that the cables attached to your AT&T TV are securely connected.
Ensure that Tv input settings are set correctly and check the condition of cables (damaged or frayed).
If the issue persists, try to reboot the receiver. To perform a reboot on your receiver, follow the steps mentioned below;
- Press and hold down the Power button for 10 seconds.
- After that, press the Power button again to restart.
The process will take 7-8 minutes. Later, check if this resolves the issue.
Also check: LG content store apps not updating fix
Att TV Remote Replacement
If you’re still encountering the issue, try for a replacement. Visit AT&T center or electronic mart and buy a new remote. Or buy it from an online shopping site.
If you don’t want to spend your money, ask any of your friends or known people using the same device, try their remote, pair it with your TV, and check if that works for you. If not
How Do I Reset My ATT TV Remote?
Try factory resetting your AT&T Tv remote; it is acclaimed by many AT&T users that resetting the tv remote fixes the “AT&T TV remote not working” issue.
S10, Silver, and point anywhere Remote;
Before resetting your Tv remote, remove your batteries, and after a while, reinsert them.
- Press and hold the AT&T and OK buttons simultaneously.
- Then, release both buttons, and all the mode buttons will flash twice (indicating you’re in programming mode).
- Now, enter the programming code 900, and after a while, your Tv remote will be reset to its default settings.
S20 and S30
The buttons on S20 and S30 are the same and identical in functionality.
- Press and hold the Menu and OK buttons simultaneously.
- Release the button once you’re in programming mode.
- Lastly, enter the programming code 981, and your remote will reset to its factory settings.
Re-Pair Your AT&T Remote
If the issue persists, try re-pairing your AT&T Tv remote with your tv. First of all, unpair your Tv remote as mentioned below;
- Hold down the Dash -, Apps, or Diamond buttons.
- Now, wait until the Blue LED light blinks twice.
- After that, press and release the Red button (on the side of your remote) to restart. Or try unplugging and plugging in your AT&T device.
Now, pair your AT&T remote to your TV.
Also check: Fix Xfinity stuck on welcome or loading screen
How Do I Pair my AT&T Remote to My TV?
- Point the AT&T Tv remote at the Tv.
- Now, simultaneously press the Fast Forward and Rewind button for 2-3 seconds.
- After that, an on-screen notification will appear, indicating that your Tv remote is paired and ready to use.
Later, check if this fixes the issue.
Att tv remote app
If any fixes don’t work for you, try to use the AT&T TV remote app. Install it from your Smartphone app store if you don’t have an AT&T Tv remote app.
Contact AT&T Support
If the steps mentioned above fail to work for you, contact AT&T customer support. Raise your concern on their support portal and ask them for fixes.
Also check how you can fix roku remote keeps flashing or blinking green light.