Encountering ‘Application has not been installed. Try again’ while trying to update or install an application on your Lg Smart Tv. But, you don’t know how to fix it. Well, you’ve landed on the right page. Here, you’ll get the best reasons for what causes this error message and some best working solutions to fix this error.
Why is my LG TV Saying Application Has Not Been Installed?
Apps not installing on Lg smart tv? You might face this type of error on your device due to some incompatibilities between the devices and applications. But here, we’ve listed some possible reasons for what causes this error message on your Lg tv screen.
- Unstable Connection: If your Internet connection is poor or unstable then you might face this error. Try to verify your Internet speed or connect with another network.
- Temporary Bug: Maybe your device is running with a temporary bug and that’s why it’s failing to complete your request. But, this can be fixed all you need to follow the provided steps.
- Outdated Firmware: Using your device on outdated firmware can also lead you to this kind of error. So, always try to keep your devices up to date.
Fix Application Has Not Been Installed Error On LG Smart TV
Change the DNS settings on LG TV
Changing the DNS server settings can help you in fixing the error. All you need to do is enter the given DNS server settings manually and you’re good to go. Follow the steps as instructed below;
- Grab your Lg smart TV remote and press the Settings button.
- Now, go to the network and then go to the Wi-Fi or wired connection.
- Next, Scroll to the advanced wi-fi settings. If this option is greyed out then check this post for solution.
- Now, scroll to the bottom and select Edit.
- Go to the Set Automatically option and Uncheck it. Then, select Edit.
- After that, go to the DNS server and change the DNS server to 22.214.171.124.
- Click Connect.
- Lastly, navigate to the Lg content store and try to install the application again.
Connect Your LG TV to Mobile Hotspot
Some users claimed that they were able to fix this error by switching their network to the mobile hotspot. If your device is connected to the router then, turn on the hotspot on your mobile device and try using the mobile internet connection for installing apps on your lg smart tv.
- Go to your Smartphone Hotspot and and turn it on.
- Connect your Lg smart tv with the smartphone WiFi.
- Now, go to the LG content store to install an application.
Note: Make sure your Tv is not connected to an ADSL connection.
Related: LG TV Keeps Turning on and Off
Power Cycle Your LG Smart TV
Performing a reboot refreshes the device, corrects its software bugs and glitches. So, try to reboot your device and check to see if it works;
- First of all, turn off your TV and plug out and remove all the cables that are attached to your Tv. Also, plug out the Power cable from the power socket.
- Now, wait for 60 seconds.
- Then, Plug all the cables back into the socket and also attach all other cables with the Tv (if any).
- After that, go to the LG Tv Content Store and try to update or install the app. And, check to see if this works.
Reboot the Router/Modem
It might be your router/modem that’s creating the issue and that’s why you’re not able to install an application on your device. To fix this out, try to reboot the router/modem.
- Firstly, switch off the router/modem and plug out the adapter from the socket.
- Now, wait for at least 60 seconds.
- After that, plug the adapter back into the socket and switch on the router/modem, and wait for at least 2 mins.
- Next, connect your Tv with the router/modem and go to the content store to download an application. Check if this works for you. And if you’re still getting the error message then move on to the next step.
Re-Install the application
If you’re getting the application has not been installed. try again. error message while updating the application to its latest update, then we suggest to re-install the application.
- Press the Home button on your LG Tv remote and,
- Navigate to the last slide and highlight the edit option (the pencil icon).
- Press Ok to enter Edit mode.
- Now, navigate to the app that you want to remove. Highlight that app and press the up button.
- Press OK and select Done to delete the app.
- Press the Home button on your LG Tv remote and,
- Navigate to the LG Content Store.
- Press Ok to enter.
- Now, go to the Apps and search for the app that you want to install.
- Once you found the app, go to the app and press Ok.
- After that, select Install.
- After installing the app, select launch.
It will be great if this one fixes the error but if this fails to work then, move to another step.
Switch to Wi-Fi or Ethernet Connection Methods
If you’re still getting the error message then, maybe this method is going to works for you. As affected users claimed that they managed to fix this issue by switching their connection. If your Tv is connected to the wireless network then try to connect your tv with an Ethernet cable.
And, if your Tv is connected with an Ethernet cable then, try to connect it with the Wireless network. Once you switch your network connection, go to the Lg Content and try to install the application. Check if this one works for you. And if not, then the next method may work for you.
Reset to Initial Settings and Update Your LG Smart TV
Still, apps not installing on Lg smart tv. Well, here’s the last and best fix to fix this error. Also, many affected users claimed that they managed to fix the error by following the steps that are instructed below. So, follow the steps as given below;
- Grab your Lg smart Tv remote and navigate to the Settings or just press the settings button.
- Now, go to the General/System.
- Next, locate Reset to initial settings.
- Once the tv resets, skip all the ‘first us’ questions.
- Navigate to the Network and then go to the WiFi connection.
Note: Connect your Lg smart Tv with a smartphone Hotspot (if possible).
- After that, navigate to the General.
- Then, go to About this Tv.
- Check for updates (if any) then, update it.
- Once the TV’s updated to its latest firmware, navigate to the LG Content Store and try to install an application on your Tv.
Contact LG Support
If the error message is still sliding down and still apps have not installed LG tv then, it’s time to call Or contact Lg customer support. Because they’re the only ones who can fix this issue. Or, if your Tv is under warranty then, visit your nearest LG Service Centre. You can also check our post on how to fix lg tv turns on but screen is black.