Encountering Install pending while trying to install/update an application on your Android TV. There are some instances where your slow internet, less storage space and corrupted data can be the causes of this issue. Today, in this article, you’ll get all the probable causes and troubleshooting steps that will help you in resolving the “Android Tv stuck on download pending” issue.
Why Are My Apps Downloads Stuck on Pending? (Android TV)
We’ve gathered some probable reasons why your android tv is stuck on download pending.
- Corrupted Data: If the data files of the Google Play Store application gets corrupted, then it can be the cause of being stuck on download pending.
- Slow/Poor Internet: Another possible reason you’re facing this is slow or poor internet connectivity. Verify your internet and check if this is the case.
- Insufficient Storage Space: If your Android Tv has run out of space, then you can face this issue. Clearing the storage space of your TV might help you out.
- Parental Controls: If you’ve or someone (family/friends) enabled the parental controls on your Android TV, then it can be the reason why you’re encountering this issue.
How Do I Fix Pending Downloads on My TV?
Below, we’ve penned down some of the best possible working troubleshooting steps that’ll help you out.
Restart (With Tv Remote)
If it’s a temporary bug or glitch, it can be resolved by restarting the tv. All you need to do is, follow the instructions that are mentioned below,
- Press the Power button for 5 seconds or until the options appear.
- Now, select Restart.
- Once the Tv restarts, wait for a while and navigate to the Google Play Store and check if this works for you.
Note: You can also opt for the Turn off option instead of Restart or press the Power button for once. Now, turn on the TV manually.
Restart (Without Tv Remote)
If the above process couldn’t fix the issue, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Power off your Android Tv and unplug the power cords from the socket or wall outlet.
- Now, leave your TV off for 2 minutes.
- After that, plug the power cable back into the power socket or wall outlet.
Also check: Firestick apps download queued
Clear Cache and Data of TV’s Play Store App
If restarting the TV didn’t work for you, try clearing the cache and data of the Google Play Store. Also, many affected users reported and claimed that they managed to fix this “Stuck on Download pending” issue by clearing the cache and data of the Google Play Store.
- Press the Home button on your Android TV.
- Now, navigate to the Settings then, locate Apps > See all apps > Google Play Store.
- After that, select Force Stop, then select Clear Cache > Clear Data.
- Now, launch Google Play Store and check if this works for you.
Clear Cache and Data of Play Services
Tried clearing the cache and data of the play store, but the situation didn’t change. Now, try clearing the cache and data of play services and check if this works for you.
- Press the Home button on your Android Tv.
- Now, navigate to the Settings then, locate Apps > See all apps > System Apps.
- Then, locate Google Play Services > Force Stop.
- After that, select Clear Cache > Clear Data.
- Lastly, launch Google Play Services and check if this resolves the problem.
Also check: Google play store apps stuck on download pending
Check The Available Storage Space
You cannot download an application if there’s insufficient storage space in your Android Tv. So, try to check the available storage space of your Android Tv. Also, to download an application, you require larger storage space than the application size.
- Press the Home button on your Tv remote.
- Now, navigate to the Settings.
- After that, locate Device Preferences > Storage > Internal shared storage.
- Now, check the available storage space on your Android Tv.
If there’s insufficient storage available on your Tv, try to uninstall all the unnecessary applications from your Tv. Now, your pending application will start downloading.
Check Your Internet Connection
Tried uninstalling the unnecessary applications from your Android TV, but still, the app is stuck on downloading pending. Maybe your storage space isn’t creating the issue; it’s the internet that’s causing the issue. Below are the troubleshooting methods to fix the internet issue.
Note: Disconnect all the other connected devices from your Wi-Fi network.
- Firstly, turn off your router and unplug the adapter from the wall outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds, plug the adapter back into the wall outlet and turn on the router. Also, ensure that all the cables attached to the router are securely connected.
- Wait for 1 minute, connect your Android Tv with your Wi-Fi network, and check if this resolves the issue. If not, try calling the ISP (Internet Service Provider)
You can also try connecting your Android TV with your smartphone’s Hotspot and check if this works for you.
Tweak Parental Controls Settings
Maybe someone or you have mistakenly turned on the parental controls and set the restrictions. So, go to the Settings of Google Play Store and check because you cannot install an age-restricted application until you turn off or set the parental controls to Rated 18+ or allow all, including unrated.
- Press the Home button and head to the Apps.
- Now, navigate to the Google Play Store then, go to the Settings.
- Locate Parental Control and turn off the Parental Control or choose to “Allow all, including unrated”.
- After that, go to the downloading app and check if this resolves the issue or not.
Remove Account and Re-add Your Google Account
Still, your Android TV is stuck on download pending. Well, here’s a tricky way that might help you out. Earlier, some Android TV users also got stuck on download pending, and they claimed that they managed to fix this issue by signing out-in their Google accounts on their Android Tv. To do so, follow the instructions that are given below;
- Press the Home button on your Tv remote.
- Now, go to the Settings then, head to the Accounts & Sign in.
- After that, select Remove account and press OK to confirm.
Add your Account again
- Press the Home Button and head to the Settings.
- Under the accounts section, select Add accounts and add your Google account.
- Now, go to the Google Play Store then, sign in (if required) and check if this works for you.
If removing and adding the accounts fails to change the situation, try to Add a new or another Google account on your Android TV and then install an application.
Factory Reset Your Android TV
If nothing helps you out, try to Factory Reset your Android Tv but make sure that you’ve backup all your logins and files. Follow the steps as given;
- Press the Home button on your Tv remote and head to the Settings.
- Now, go to the Device Preferences, then navigate to the Reset.
- After that, select Factory data reset, then select Erase everything.
- Enter the password (default 1234). Your TV will restart once the Factory Reset process completes.
- Lastly, set up your Android TV and try to install an application.
Contact TV Manufacture Support
Even Factory Resetting the Tv fails to fix the issue? Try contacting the Tv manufacturer’s customer support. Let them acknowledge your issue, and they’ll surely help you out. You can also check our post on how to fix firestick stuck on optimizing system storage and applications.